We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

standard room /beach villa

harold hill essex
Level Contributor
189 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
standard room /beach villa

Just been and booked meeru island resort for july next year .Booked all inclusive with thomas cook .

Does anybody know if the standard room and the beach villa are the same thing ? Thomas cooks brochure does not mention a standard room but it does a beach villa and the meeru island resort web sit mentions a standard room and a beach villa

Cheers

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
37 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: standard room /beach villa

Hi - if i were you i'd double check just to be sure, because you definitely don't want to find out it wasnt what you were expecting. There is a huge difference between the standard block of rooms and the land/beach villas. We booked with Kuoni and ours was referred to as a superior room, which means land villa. I would be worried if i saw standard room so if i were you i'd double check with thomas cook. The standard block is in the middle of the island next to the staff quarters and you'd have a good few minutes walk to get to the beach and sea.

harold hill essex
Level Contributor
189 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: standard room /beach villa

Hi Anna 56 Thanks for the info going to check it out a.s.p

uk
Level Contributor
852 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: standard room /beach villa

There is only a small number of standard rooms on meeru and I believe First Choice has the full allocation so you should not get one of these and this is why Thomas Cook do not advertise them.

harold hill essex
Level Contributor
189 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: standard room /beach villa

Thanks nefertari2uk things are looking better for that .cheers

harold hill essex
Level Contributor
189 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: standard room /beach villa

Hi anna56 just read you review and I agree with what you were saying We stayed at the excellence riviera cancun in july boy did we get pampered.

The problem was that we had researched the hotel so much that when we got there it felt that we had been there before but we still enjoyed the experience .

worcestershire
Level Contributor
27 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: standard room /beach villa

check it out straight away, the standard rooms are very standard. some folk got put there as island overbooked. horrid plse check you will be very disappointed. We saw them inside I would have been gutted. beach villas much nicer location.

If you pester the island with emails before you go although they say they dont allocate prior to arrival if you continue to pester they will after a few mails well worth it.

harold hill essex
Level Contributor
189 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: standard room /beach villa

Hi debra 020 Thanks for the post when did you go to meeru island resort and who did you travel with? as iv,e been lead to believe that all the standard rooms are for the sole use of people who have booked with thomson holidays. And do you know if the over booking is a regular thing ?

Cheers

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: standard room /beach villa

Hi. Fossal

Just a note of caution.

It is well know by those that have been to Meeu and those that frequent the forum, that Meeru is notorious for overbooking, they regulary offer free upgrades so as to free up rooms, they move people about until a room they have booked is available this is why they started using the old staff rooms for guests teraced rows , facing each other, they also offer free upgrades to other islands this frees up rooms to give to guests arriving and when the guest who took the offer up comes back they to are given a different room, they also entice guests with free upgrades to the large sailing boat they have, they give free lobster dinners and champagne, again for those that take up the offer it frees up rooms and on return try are moved about. I have been to Meeru and seen this for myself.

Rumps.

harold hill essex
Level Contributor
189 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: standard room /beach villa

Cheers rumpole We will bear that in mind

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: standard room /beach villa

hi just to let you know thomas cook DO NOT sell the standard rooms

there lowest form of accomodation is the beach villa.

It's only first choice i think who sell the standard rooms.

I've booked with first choice & i've had this who ha with them as i'm in a beach villa & wanted to make sure this is what i got.

i booked with thomas cook but it's a first choice holiday & basically in the end i had to speak to 1 of the directors at the very top of thomas cook & she told me they don't sell the standard rooms so she had to speak to first choice on my behalf. so DONT worry if you've booked with thomas cook you will be fine!!!

xx

Get answers to your questions about Male