We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu/Bandos

Which Male hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cairns
Level Contributor
107 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Kuredu/Bandos

We are tossing up between Kuredu and Bandos. We are keen snorkelers and we live on the Great Barrier reef so have high expectations regarding snorkeling. Has anyone been to both/either of these resorts recently? Comments/comparison regarding the snorkeling?

Love to hear from you.......

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,021 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuredu/Bandos

snorkeling at kuredu very poor .. at bandos a bit better with a nice drop off but not overwhelming . why would you select these two as your favorites with snorkeling as a main focus ? what are your other criteria ?

england
Level Contributor
152 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuredu/Bandos

Not been to Kuredu but from what I've read it seems a better resort than Bandos - above the water at least. Bandos may have a better reef but as Spammie said, it's not overwhelming - a nice drop off is all that it seems to have - no real intersting rock/reef and coral forms. To be honest I'd look elsewhere if your expectations are high - and further from Male although that's just my slant on preferred location of a resort - I personally wasn't keen that on the clear days being able to see the Male "Metropolis" - for me the Maldives is a fantastic place to engage in my need for escapism from the real world, seeing Male in the distance is an often too frequent a reminder of the hustle and bustle of our busy hectic lives that we live.

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuredu/Bandos

Have been to Kuredu. It is a lovely island, but the snorkelling is below average for the maldives. There are much much better islands out there for snorkelling, depending on your budget. Have not been to bandos so cannot comment on that.

Edited: 12 May 2013, 13:02
4. Re: Kuredu/Bandos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 05:18