We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage at Make Airport?

Which Male hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage storage at Make Airport?

I am looking at a potential 5h layover in Male Airport on my way back (landing around 4-5PM and taking off around 10PM

I'm flying with Sri Lankan. Give that they have multiple flights a day I don't know if it should be open and I could check my bags (thoughts?)

If not, is there a storage where I could leave them? And would ot be recommended for me to go and visit Male city around that time? Maybe just for dinner and to get a feel, if it's safe. ùi heard that there isn't much to see though...

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage at Make Airport?

The ferry across to the city only takes a few minutes, our favourite restaurant is above the ferry terminal but there a few other restaurants nearby. As far as luggage storage goes.......

www.macl.aero/plus/S_AIRPORT_FACILITIES/6/1

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage at Make Airport?

Thanks! Also: is Male a safe place to be end of PM very early evening? I will need to be at the Airport around 7PM anyways. And how much time do I need to plan to get a taste of the Male vibe?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage storage at Make Airport?

And the just of the question: is it really worth stopping by Male? I read that most of the people aren't impressed. Should I rather spend the 6-7 hours layover in a a beach near Colombo Airport (take an earlier flight to Colombo and spend my connection time there) , which is my other option?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage storage at Make Airport?

About ten minutes:-))

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage storage at Make Airport?

We have spent a few nights there and enjoy it, especially for photography. We have never felt in danger there but it's just like any city, just be careful where you go.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage storage at Make Airport?

thanks guys

7. Re: Luggage storage at Make Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 05:16