We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

Hi guys!

Booking Komandoo in a jacuzzi water villa in the next hour... anyone know which number villa is the best view etc?!

Thanks!!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,282 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

Hi

It looks like you need an answer fast ,,,try sending a PM to Lynphd or babs

Darryl

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

Hi Kassey......they go from 1 to 15.

Number 1 gets the most sunset and at the opposite side number 15 faces into the sunrise. We have stayed in 1, 7 and 14 and 7 would be my absolute favourite as you get a bit of both and there were no horrible rocks at the bottom of the steps into the water!

You lucky thing, lovely island.

Babs.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

Oops I should maybe have added in reply to your actual question that they all have great views, but although it never ever bothered us, you will be able to see the neighbouring island of Hinnavaru from the lower numbered rooms ........it will not spoil your holiday, there is no bad room.

Babs

Birmingham
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

Thank you!

Are you able to request a specific villa?

We're so excited!!!!

Do you know of any excursions etc?! Also do you know what honeymoon extras/upgrades they can do?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,282 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

Have you booked ? If so when are you going ?

You can book a day on the Britt :-)

Darryl

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

You can email them a couple of weeks before but as everyone on here will advise they can only give you what's available so best to request say a room between 1 and 7 or 8 and 15 and then you will stand a better chance of getting what you want..

Not aware of any honeymoon extras or upgrades other than the fact that your bed should be decorated with flowers, you normally get 2 t shirts which will be printed Komandoo honeymoon, and if you're very lucky they may put a bottle of sparkling wine and fruit in your room.

If you look at the Komandoo website the trips on offer are usually listed.

Babs

Birmingham
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

Darryl were going in July, what about you? Who are you travelling with?

Babs, thanks - I may email them (regularly!) so we have a better chance of a room we want, although they all look lovely! On the Komandoo website, the main picture that comes up showing the water villas, are they numbered 1-5 left to right or is 15 the closest to the island?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

If you were out at sea looking at the watervillas with the island therefore in the background (come on, keep up lol!), then number 1 is on the left (sunset) and number 15 is on the right (sunrise).

Number 1 is closest to the island when walking onto the jetty, but because of the curve number 15 is equally as close to the island but the furthest to walk to on the jetty. Hope that helps.

Babs

Birmingham
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

Spot on! I get it! And I got confused reading it - it's almost as if you knew I'd get confused!!

Really helpful comments, thank you!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Which water villa in KOMANDOO?!

Hahaha excellent!