We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in the Seychelles in early March

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in the Seychelles in early March

We are looking for a relaxing beach holiday in early March and are considering the Seychelles. What weather would be expect to get at this time of year and is it best to stay in a certain region to get the best weather (eg east coast, west coast)

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in the Seychelles in early March

March is the last month from the rainy season brought by north-west winds. Rains are stormy but short, followed by periods of sunshine. Normally it rains more where you have high mountains and of course is better to stay more on Praslin or La Digue than on Mahe.

If you decide to go for the last part of March the chances of rain will diminish significantly because the changing of winds will bring great weather and calm seas. Seychelles is a year-round destination so even on early March you will have good weather sometimes interrupted by torrential rains.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in the Seychelles in early March

Thanks for posting this for me - very useful

Victoria, Seychelles
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in the Seychelles in early March

Dear Worldtraveller68

March is just a wonderful time on the islands. The temperatures are in the mid 30's and humidity is about 80% and higher. The sea is calm and the snorkelling is just amazing. This past year we did have some higher rainfall in March which is not very normal. March and April tend to be far drier months on the islands.

Consider staying on the south and south east coast of Mahe if you are travelling in this time.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in the Seychelles in early March

Thanks for your reply - I will look at what is available in these locations

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
662 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in the Seychelles in early March

I was also looking to go here for our wedding February or March 2014, is the rain a real issue or is it just the odd shower?

I mean I'm used to rain living in the UK but if it rains now and again I don't mind but wudnt want to go and it rains all day every day??

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in the Seychelles in early March

I advise you to go on March because normally you have less rain than on February. Most rains are 10-15 minutes showers and then the sunny weather comes back. Sometimes you can have cloudy days which I experienced for 2 days back in 2008.

7. Re: Weather in the Seychelles in early March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2015, 09:16