We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip

Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
First trip

I am going to be in Manila for 10 days in April, with wife and 5 y/o daughter. Looking for a 2 bedroom condo or hotel in an area that is easy for commuting to places like star city and the zoo. Also needs a pool. Ive been doing an enormous amount of searching. Best I have come up with is Copacabana Hotel. A little high for the budget at $90 a day, but i guess we will manage if it is worth it. Any other suggestions? Anyone know about Copacabana? Thanks for an help.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip

i'm not very familiar with copacabana. but since you will be in manila for 10 days, you may want to check this out for good deals:

http://www.asiatravel.com/philippines.html

they have promotions for long-stay travellers (at least a week).

also, since you want a hotel close to star city and the zoo, you may want to try the hyatt, heritage or bayview.

also, instead of star city, you may want to try the enchanted kingdom. it's about an hour of travel from manila, but definitely worth more than the star city (just in my own opinion). i think your child will enjoy the rides here more than at the star city. plus star city is rather old.

here's the link to their web:

http://www.enchantedkingdom.com.ph/

have a safe trip and enjoy!

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip

If you want to stay in the Manila area, I suggest Boulevard Mansion or G Hotel which are both on Roxas Boulevard, with easy access to public transportation. Between the 2, Boulevard Mansion is cheaper, and is more of a serviced apartment with cooking facilities. I wouldn't recommend Copacabana as it is quite old and not in the best condition.

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip

If you want to stay in the Manila area, I suggest Boulevard Mansion or G Hotel which are both on Roxas Boulevard, with easy access to public transportation. Between the 2, Boulevard Mansion is cheaper, and is more of a serviced apartment with cooking facilities. I wouldn't recommend Copacabana as it is quite old and not in the best condition.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,023 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First trip

Here is a link to the Tropicana Apartment Hotel. They have Studios, 1 BR and 2 BR apartments.

They are in a good location within walking distance to the Robinson Mall and about equal distance from the MRT stop.

I looked at one room, seemed okay to me. I understand from reading other posts that they have renovated some of the rooms over the years.

Address: www.tropicana-apt-hotel.com

Located on 1630 Luis Maria Guerrero Street

Ermita area.

Pool is supposed to be available and this area is not directly close to any gaudy bars, if I recall. The 2 BR seemed to be a good price.

5. Re: First trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Manila
Recent Conversations