We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philippines Airline1 hr 15min transit time - sufficient?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
786 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Philippines Airline1 hr 15min transit time - sufficient?

Hi,

We are considering booking Philippines Airlines flight from Tokyo Haneda to Singapore. The flight will arrive at 4.50am at Manila International Airport T2 and depart at 6.05am at T2. There is 1hr 15min transit time, but we are not sure if this is sufficient time for transit. And if there is a flight delay of say 15 min, will 1 hr transit time be enough time for transit? Is T2 big and easy to find our way to the transit area?

Is Phillipine Airlines also generally on time?

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philippines Airline1 hr 15min transit time - sufficient?

If you have booked a through ticket i.e. if you go on the airline website and search for tickets to Singapore and Philippine Airlines recommend it then they have to get you and your luggage to the gate or put you up either in a lounge or if a long delay in a hotel.

If you have booked two tickets, one to and one from Manila you do not have enough time

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
786 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philippines Airline1 hr 15min transit time - sufficient?

Thanks for the reply, it will be one ticket booked directly from Philippines Airlines, i.e. from Tokyo Haneda to Singapore,

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Philippines Airline1 hr 15min transit time - sufficient?

i would think someone will be at the arrival gate to guide you.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,872 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Philippines Airline1 hr 15min transit time - sufficient?

The PAL website recommends a minimum xfer time of 55 minutes, but as said above they will be responsible for your accommodation etc if you miss your connecting flight

https:/…ConnectingFlights

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,790 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Philippines Airline1 hr 15min transit time - sufficient?

You will be looking at the transit area as you get off the plane. You will just be on the wrong side of the glass.

I have never done it but after you are actually off the plane, I believe you could be inside the departure lounge looking out of the glass, back at where you just were, in about 10 minutes. Just follow the signs for international transit passengers.

Minimum connection time between international flights at T2 is 55 minutes

https:/…ConnectingFlights

So, if the tickets are on one itinerary and there is a delay, it will be up to PAL to look after you. They may even hold the second flight for you.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,830 posts
2,227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Philippines Airline1 hr 15min transit time - sufficient?

Yes if the flight is missed PAL will be responsible to get you on the next flight at no cost.

Reply to: Philippines Airline1 hr 15min transit time - sufficient?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted