We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila for the Christmas holidays

Walnut Creek, Ca
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic
Manila for the Christmas holidays

Hi, we are a family of 4 planning a trip to Manila for the Christmas holidays. I found out that the airfare doubles during this time. Any suggestions on where I can purchase the tickets at a competitive price? Will consider business class or economy plus. Thanks.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila for the Christmas holidays

Hi worldtraveloer,

A good friend of mine is a travel agent in San Francisco. He's located a floor above in the same building with PAL. He's very reliable and very accomodating. Yes, December is high season for travel to the P.I., however, I am very certain he'll offer you a substantial discount. Please email me at lorenzorendon@cs.com so I can provide you his company name, phone nos. and other particulars. I have used his services many times over. I travel to the Philippines at least 2-3 times a year.

Refer to the other thread on this forum by jdmfrogg... "best airline to Manila'?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
641 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila for the Christmas holidays

It is really difficult or impossible to get a cheap ticket on those dates. This is because of so many balikbayans visiting the country who wants to be here on the holiday season. The most you can do is book your ticket as early as possible. Maybe as early as today. You might also want to consider airlines that don't travel regular hours. My friend got a cheap ticket because the departure time is at 1:00 am. Check out Asiana, Korean Air and Eva Air. They offer competitive rates.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,489 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila for the Christmas holidays

Besides the plane tickets being higher priced - the hotels are also higher priced and the traffic on the highways are jam packed!

I would hit the internet and check the price of airlines flying to Manila. I have used NWA, Thai Air and China Airlines in the past. Sometimes flights will have cancellations and lower the prices to fill those seats. You would have to check often to luck out and get a cheaper flight - but it does happen! Check several days before and after your best date.

I often find that the agents who answer the telephones for NWA (or UA for Hong Kong) to be more friendly closer to midnight than during the day hours.

Always ask the airlines to check the prices a few days before and a few days after your preferred date - sometimes just changing your departure day saves you hundreds of dollars! Usually Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays are more expensive.

Another way around the price of direct flights beginning in the U.S. to Manila, is to fly to a cheaper location, like Hong Kong or Thailand. I have flown from Bangkok to Manila in December without too many problems. You have to decide if flying to another country first and then to Manila is cheaper than your original request.

4. Re: Manila for the Christmas holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Manila