We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clark Airport (help pls!)

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spore
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Clark Airport (help pls!)

Hi I'm sure this topic has been posted before but would love to hear more details pls!

my flight will arrive at Clark Airport and I know i can get a shuttle bus to MNL. Just a question though, is there a booth that I should look out for to book the bus tickets??

Also, are there any malls around Clark Airport? Maybe like 5-10 mins away? Thank you in advance.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clark Airport (help pls!)

The last time I used Clark Airport, there was a transportation desk where you can inquire about the shuttle to Manila.

There's an SM Mall in Clark about 10 to 15 minutes away from the airport. For photos of that mall, you can view them on flickr.com and just search for SM Clark.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,444 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clark Airport (help pls!)

Once you figure out how to leave the airport area and get to the main gate, you can walk or take a motorcycle taxi to the Dau bus station. Several bus companies have scheduled runs to Manila all day long (no reservations,) price is around 110 pisos. Clark Airport is on the border with Angeles City and Dau, the Dau bus station is closer to the front gate. Rabbit Bus Company and Victory Liner are two companies that I recall.

If you decide to remain in the Clark area in one of the hotels, there is another way into Manila. Swagman Hotel runs a "Fly the Bus" service that picks up at the local hotels and delivers you to their other Swagman Hotel in the Ermita area of Manila. You have more room on this bus than the local bus out of Dau. The hotels can sign you up for this ride.

You can't miss the new mall just outside the main gate of Clark Field. It's a big modern mall with lots of stores and restaurants in it.

Good luck.

philippines
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clark Airport (help pls!)

Hi! I presume you're arriving via Tiger Airways from Singapore. If so, then the shuttle bus schedule is not coordinated with the arrival of the Tiger Airways flight. You may have to wait awhile before the bus departs. Last I heard, it's timed with the Air Asia departure and arrival times. Facilities at Clark Airport are very basic and waiting a long time could get really boring. Getting out of Clark Airport is difficult. The gates are very far. Malls go beyond the gate.

If you're interested, there's an airport pickup service that we used last May when we flew Tiger airways to Singapore. They arrived promptly at Clark and brought us to Manila. We received the same good service when we were picked up in Manila. The driver was there earlier than the stated time.

The pick up service ranges from 2100php to 2500php, depending on whether it's a car or a van. We were 6 in our group so the cost is quite reasonable, especially for the convenenience and safety of being in a private transportation, to be picked up promptly then brought to where you want to go.

If you're interested, you can get other info and book online at http://www.margarita-station.com/.

Have a great trip!

Spore
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clark Airport (help pls!)

hi guys thanks a lot for the info, it was really useful! :)

Abra
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clark Airport (help pls!)

Check this site: <a href="resa.mine.nu/index.php…">]http://resa.mine.nu/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=222</a>

It has all the info you need about Clark...

Abra
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clark Airport (help pls!)

resa.mine.nu/index.php…

7. Re: Clark Airport (help pls!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 13:17