We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phillipine Airlines Info needed

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Phillipine Airlines Info needed

We will be flying with Phillipine Airlines arriving 6.30 Pm on December 31.Will money changers at airport be open then ??

Also our outbound flight departs 10.30 am What time do we need to be at airport ? Is 2 hours enough ?

Any help much appreciated.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phillipine Airlines Info needed

There are several money changers in the arrivals area of the airport. Don't change too much money there, as the exchange rate is not good. When you depart get to the airport 3 hours in advance. Things move slowly at NAIA.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
643 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phillipine Airlines Info needed

Almost all establishments close early on December 31 in preparation of the New Year celebration. You cannot be too sure with regards to money changers at that time. If it is possible to change a small amount of pesos from where you are coming from then, by all means, do so. If not, your best bet would be the ATM machine at the airport. But, again, because of the holidays and the number of people in the airport, this is not also a sure thing. It can run out of cash in the that event.

You need to be at the airport at least 3 hours before your departure time especially during the holiday season when there are more than the regular passengers present in the airport. It would be a busy time at Philippine airports. There would be long lines then and checking in at the airlines could take more than an hour already apart from luggage examination at the entrance and lines at the immigration.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Phillipine Airlines Info needed

Paulrogers,

There is a FOREX booth at the baggage claim area. You can exchange your money while waiting for your luggages.

On your departing flight at 10:30 p.m. I give yourself about 3 hours for checking in as the lines at the economy/coach class will be long. The busiest time is about 1-2 hours prior to departure. Then you wait for about 1-2 hours with the rest of the "herd" at the waiting area.

I've always travelled Mabuhay/Business class with PAL because of convenience. You can actually give yourself 1-2 hours before departure. You have priority checking in at the Business Class/First Class counters. After checking in ( pay your exit fee, go through immigration, carry on inspections) you can go directly to Mabuhay Lounge where you can relax and avail yourself to complimentary drinks ,juices, soup, sandwiches, (massage available). You have priority boarding also.

Have fun & enjoy the PI

Papalo

ryd
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Phillipine Airlines Info needed

i saw 2 money exchange kiosks at the arrival section. one was government owned and another i think was with Phil. National Bank.

again the Dec 31 is a bit dodgy if they'll be available at that night.

I just use them to exchange money for cab fare and dinner at makati where i often stay.

Its the next day that i go to Western Union at Greenbelt 1 to do my exchanges and they have so far the best rates. I was there early Dec. 2005 and Dec. 2006.

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phillipine Airlines Info needed

Thank you everyone.Luckily we are flying Business Class so I will get to airport 2 Hours prior to departure.By the way what is the service like in business class with PAL.

Thanks

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phillipine Airlines Info needed

PAL=Plane Always Late. But still the service onboard US bound flights is excellent. Don't worry, the onboard staff are professional and do a good job.

Guam, USA
Level Contributor
463 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phillipine Airlines Info needed

My experience with PAL international flights has been flawless.

8. Re: Phillipine Airlines Info needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 07:18