We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Manila compared to Australia

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
311 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Manila compared to Australia

I would think it would be alot cheaper for clothes and shoes etc can anyone give me any advise compared to Australia, not sure whether to go with my partner or stay at home and shop........ideas please..Thank you

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Manila compared to Australia

Though its sad that Hong Kong and Singapore and lately Malaysia have been popular shopping destinations, Manila is one of the best shopping destinations in Southeast Asia.

There are places where one can get designer stuff, and a lot of places to get cheap clothes, shoes, overruns. Definitely a lot cheaper than Australia. Been to Sydney, Melbourne, and Gold Coast and Cairns from '98-2003, and obviously did very little shopping since prices arent comparable to how much I can get the same stuff here. So what I did was to buy things I wouldnt normally see here (like Australian brands).

Plus of course, shopping hours here is a lot better than Australia. Check out some related posts:

tripadvisor.com/…5361832

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Manila compared to Australia

Hi

Manila is one of the best places to go shopping in Asia.

The shopping malls are huge and the markets very cheap.

Seriously you can easily shop non stop for a week in a different mall and still have more to visit.

If you like shopping you'll love Manila!

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Manila compared to Australia

The malls are the same as in Australia. No real bargains there, IMO. And, all the SM's and Robinson's offer the same stores.

If you are in to bargain searches or have specific items you want, Manila can be rewarding. If you know what you are looking for and where to get it, it can be fun and less expensive. If you like bazaar type shopping, then head to Greenhills.

I favor bargain shopping in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and Hong Kong much more than in the Phils. Sorry to say it, but it is the truth.

4. Re: Shopping in Manila compared to Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 05:24