We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to celebrate New Years in Manila?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Where to celebrate New Years in Manila?

So where can you celebrate News Years/Eve in Manila?

Are there going to be fireworks at a central place? I know being it all crowded, the whole streets or most would be blocked so you would probably have to go to a place before the evening starts?

Any tips or hints on where to go to celebrate?

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to celebrate New Years in Manila?

I was in Manila as a tourist for NY Eve last year. It was a bit surprising. Many shops and establishments actually CLOSE due to the heavy fireworks. I was in Makati and there were really not many people out. Kinda weird and I know the city fairly well.

Maybe some locals can direct you better, but I was stunned by the lack of celebration at the usual nightspots on this traditionally wild night across the globe.

ryd
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to celebrate New Years in Manila?

most people probably go to their hometowns or stay at home, hence the empty feel of major cities.

if i were visiting manila at that time, i'll probably book myself a hotel overlooking greenbelt to catch the midnight fireworks, though the fireworks there would surely not be the same as what you see at Sydney Harbour.

I've had enough of fireworks anyway, but dining and having a few drinks with friends in a club at night in greenbelt, then heading off to a hotel with a nice balcony is probably a good idea for you.

3. Re: Where to celebrate New Years in Manila?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 00:19