We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from Maasin to manila

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chennai
1 post
Save Topic
travelling from Maasin to manila

I plan to come to manila in December and could someone please tell me the safe and quick way to arrange my gf to come to manila from Maasin city

Japan
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from Maasin to manila

maashin city in leyte?

i think it usual to go to tacloban by minibus and change to philippines airline there,i think ormoc also connected with manila by asian spirit ( im not suree 100percent)but its a very small plane ,

I met some wealthy filipina madam from ormoc leyte ,she also used philippines airline from manila to tacloban then minibus and philippines airline is safety and useual way

i think it cost 60-100dollar depends on flight .

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from Maasin to manila

She has to travel to Tacloban City to catch a flight to Manila at the Daniel Romualdez airport. She can take either Philippine Airlines or Cebu Pacific. Both have several flights a day to Manila.

Canada, Kentucky
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from Maasin to manila

She can also take a ferry to Cebu and fly to Manila from there. I have no idea if this option is easier than going to Tacloban.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,456 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from Maasin to manila

Any particular reason why Manila? She will be more happy in Cebu as everyone will be speaking her language and presumably she will be able to be more helpful guiding you around.

Also, as she is only your GF, she might be wanting to have a chaperone or 2. So, unless she has relatives in Manila, expect to pay for one or two extras to travel with her. Obviously another reason just to meet in Cebu City.

There is a slow boat that travels from Maasin City to Cebu City every Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday

cokaliongshipping.com/html/shipping_sched.htm

The Sunday boat is the Filipinas Dapitan. I have travelled on that boat in the Liloy Cabin. It has 4 bunks, tv and private bathroom. I see the Liloy cabin is P963 per person at the moment. Otherwise, if you are kuripot, you could pay for an outside bunk at P280 person.

If she will be still travelling on to Manila from Cebu City. It is about P150, by taxi, to the airport from where the Filipinas Dapitan will dock in Cebu City. Then they can fly Cebu Pacific or Philippine airlines to Manila

www.philippineairlines.com/home/home.jsp

http://www.cebupacificair.com/

Cebu Pacific is usually the cheapest. I just checked an airfare for a month from now. It was PHP1,652.48, including taxes. There is a terminal fee of P200 per person at the Cebu airport.

So this method, excluding drinks and snacks could cost P2966, with some advance planning.

From Maasin, she could catch a bus or hire a private van to Ormoc City. PAL express, the budget airline subsidiary of Philippine Airlines, flies from there every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

palexpressair.com/images/pal_express_timetab…

They do not show cost of flights on the website so you will have to contact them. Your GF should be able to tell you the cost of hiring a van in Maasin City or travelling by bus to Ormoc City.

From Maasin, she could ride a bus or hire a private van to Tacloban. Again, she will be able to tell you the cost. Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific have several flights each per day to Manila from Tacloban.

I just checked a Cebu Pacific flight for a months time. It was PHP1,627.36, including taxes. I think terminal fee will be less than P200 from Tacloban but allow P200 per person anyway.

I hope this helps!

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Manila/Cavite
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling from Maasin to manila

MAasin city is in Leyte province, if you need your GF in manila, she have to catch the plane in Bacolod. for sure your GF knew that place very well as it is the most common place and transportation to get there fast is via Bus. Domestic flight wont be a problem she can even get a ticket 4 hrs before the flight I had tried that once.

Good Luck!

adjire

http://adjire.webs.com

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling from Maasin to manila

Why fly from Bacolod when Leyte has its own airport anyways.

Manila/Cavite
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling from Maasin to manila

hehehhe.. I mean tacloban, jsut thinking to get there in ILOILO..

8. Re: travelling from Maasin to manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 03:15