We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trust CebupacificAir ?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
130 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Trust CebupacificAir ?

Hi,

I am going to Philippines in December and as known I need a outwards ticket in order to get in to the country. So I am looking for different flights from Manila to Singapore which will be my next destination. I see that CebupacificAir has flight and I have also been in contact with the.

However I need to fax them my CC numbers because they will not accept my card thru the website.

So my question is if anyone have recently been in contact with CebupacificAir and what there feeling is. Can I trust them, will I recive my tickets. You think it woould be fairly free of hazzle?

Thanks in advance

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trust CebupacificAir ?

they had a LOT of trouble with credit card processing and there were obviously some irregularities as well (some would say: fraud).

their website will accept ur credit card, if you use MASTER with a verification code.

before, CEB would never accept my card (European bank). since I got a new Mastercard and created my own 4-digit verification code (thats NOT the 3-digit code printed on your card), it was always accepted.

Honestly, I would NOT fax them your card details, because you never know who is at the other end, collecting ur FAX.

if you cannot get it done on the website, then better book JETSTAR to SIN, or TIGER (though they depart from CLARK airfield, not MNL).

Leicester
Level Contributor
455 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trust CebupacificAir ?

I would go with JetstarAsia if given the choice. Cebu Pacific can be great or awful, it depends on how lucky you are. We have been pretty lucky but others have had horror stories about delays and customer service.

Even though we have not really had any problems it seems that trying to contact them after you have made a booking would seem to be almost impossible.

I havent looked but I would guess that JetStar flight timings are much more convenient too.

saskatoon
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trust CebupacificAir ?

it is not problem with Cebu pacific not accepting your CC. problem is that your credit card company is blocking transaction. talk to your CC security department they can unblock it next time. we had the same problem, but we are able to book it using Canadian Master card. you need to create your own master card secure code.

it is not very difficult to contact them by phone. their office in Manila is open 24h

boracay
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trust CebupacificAir ?

Hi i've tried to booked cebu pac two times already and it smooth. but the problem if you are going to cancelled the booking it takes for 4-6 months that the money will return to your cc account.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,176 posts
2,163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trust CebupacificAir ?

Hi: I went to Phils. recently and used Cebu Pacific from Manila to Cebu, and from Palawan to Manila.

Both flights were close enough to 'on time.'

I have since booked a colleague who is travelling to the Phils. in December on a Cebu Pacific flight from Manila to Iloilo, and I had no problems with its Internet site accepting my Australian Visa card. However the transaction needed to be 'Veified by Visa' with a password.

I similarly would not fax Cebu Pacific my credit card details.

6. Re: Trust CebupacificAir ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 06:23