We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayview Park vs. G Hotel

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bayview Park vs. G Hotel

Initally I had chosen the Bayview Park as the place I would stay in Manila. I have sense looked into the G Hotel. The reviews for G seem to be great while those for the Bayview are average. The G Hotel is 3 star while the Bayview is 4 star and is alot cheaper. Anybody have any opinion which place would be best to stay. My stay at the hotel will be broken up into three vists: one night on arrival Manila, 2 nights mid visit and three nights prior to departure of Philippines. Thanks

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bayview Park vs. G Hotel

The Bayview Park has been renovating and upgrading since early this year. I too have read a lot of mixed reviews about this hotel. Havent stayed here yet but was able to check out the rooms when one of my friends were boooked there for a wedding. For the price, it seems pretty okay.

G Hotel is way too overpriced in my opinion. Was able to stay here overnight last year. It really is a well designed boutique hotel, but that's it. Can't say anything great about the service. Visited the hotel again one time to give their restaurant a second chance. Nah.

Given that the Bayview is cheaper - one good thing about it is the location. There was a Starbucks at the ground floor before but since its renovation its now located just across the street, with a pizza place, and a popular Chinese take out nearby. Plus there are lots of convenient stores that might come in useful during odd hours. Plus of course its near major landmarks (Luneta Park, Manila Hotel, Ocean Park, etc.). And its much easier to hail a cab from that area than from G Hotel (the area is kinda dark at night) since there are fewer major establishments around G hotel.

Other than these two, there are a lot bettr hotels, but obviously much more expensive. But I'd vote for the cheaper one, since you'll be spending a maximum of 3 nights only. Rather spend your extra money on shopping. Even if you're not arriving this holiday season, Manila is a shopping haven! And if you're not into shopping, am sure you'll enjoy sights outside the city.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,775 posts
1,974 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bayview Park vs. G Hotel

I have not stayed at Bayview Hotel for a while: it is awful.

The Kimberly (note spelling) is only US$50 or so (A$70) and is excellent: only seven years old and quiet.

It is also near Robinsons Place, the best shopping mall in Manila.

3. Re: Bayview Park vs. G Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 15:21