We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Manilla

Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Shopping in Manilla

Okay, my fellow participants, give me the lowdown, IS shopping in Philo generally any good, or should i save my pennies?? Looking at getting some designer clothes ETC, but not knock off sh*t, I want the legit, yeah...?

Take care, much love x.

LoveLockdown.

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Manilla

If designer labels are what you're looking for, head to the Ayala Center in Makati City. Greenbelt 3 & 4 have upscale brands like Gucci, LV, Bottega Veneta, etc. Nearby there's Rustan's Department Store which has heaps of designer apparel as well as top end fragrances and cosmetics.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Manilla

Luxury goods are more expensive in Manila compared to other Asian cities. Manila is a shopping haven for non designer labels.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
533 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Manilla

Hi.

As mentioned Manila's designer area is in Makati, particularly Greenbelt, however prices aren't really that reasonable. A place of interest that might be a bit out of the way, is Tutto Moda in Alabang Town Center where discounted designer stuff can be found at sometimes really low prices (its off season stuff from Greenbelt 4 like Gucci, Prada,Tods,etc...)

london
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in Manilla

LoveLockdown

If youre into a good shop and you arrive in Manila, theres one place you really need to head for-

Mall of Asia!

Its over toward the Bay area in Pasay and its grossly huge. Although I'm not too sure about how good it is for designer gear, but you could spend hours there wandering around taking in shops, restaurants and watching some entertainment via bands, etc. All the best and enjoy the phil.

davao
Level Contributor
144 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in Manilla

manila is the place for shopping. shangrila, mall of asia, rockwell, ayala complex (glorietta and greenbelt), robinsons... pack light!

6. Re: Shopping in Manilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Manila