We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makati Hotels

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Makati Hotels

Hi! We'll traveling to Manila in April and will probably have to stay in hotel in Makati for 5-6 days. I see that the cheapest are the condotels. Are these good, in terms of value, safety? I'll be traveling with my husband and a 5-year old.

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makati Hotels

The condotels are fine and safe. Also, consider Tiara Oriental (no pool), A.Venue Suites, Tower Inn and Crown Regency. These are not the higher rated places, but offer value and location.

Knowing your price range would help.

Right now, the very swank and nice Mandarin has a great offer on www.asiatravel.com for 5000 pesos/night NET (taxes included) with buffet breakfast. That is a pretty great deal at a wonderful 5 star place with all the bells and whistles.

Remember when booking to look for NET prices as Manila taxes will add another 20% to the cost otherwise.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Makati Hotels

Hi,

Are you pinoy balikbayans or white americans?

The reason I ask is that if you're pinoys, then i think that its okay to check in almost anywhere as you will just mix in.

But if you're a white american, I think your best bet will be to pay the premium of staying in an upper class area and hotel for safety. Try the Manila Peninsula.

California
Level Contributor
36 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Makati Hotels

You may want to check out this link, f1realty.com.ph/rent_condos_short/index.html I used this realty place to rent one of their units in Greenbelt Parkplace, which is only a couple blocks from the Greenbelt malls, and walking distance from all the other malls and most restaurants in the Ayala area. Prices were very reasonable as well and there are guards/ front desk staff at all hours. If somebody looks out of place or if the staff doesn't recognize you, they will not hesitate to ask what unit you are staying in, just to make sure you are supposed to be in the building. Just make sure you ask the realty place to have the unit you are renting cleaned thoroughly; the unit I got was clean, but could definitely be cleaner...

Northern Mariana...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Makati Hotels

Check this out ichotelsgroup.com/h/… Hotel Intercon for 25% off Internet Rate, cheaper than Asiatravel.com

Quezon City
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Makati Hotels

You can also try searching self catering apartments in Makati City. We have some in Rockwell. Happy travels.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Makati Hotels

Don't limit yourself with condotels as there are small hotels that might fit your budget as well, and giving you better locations. Along Arnaiz St. (formerly Pasay Road) you can check out Crown Regency Makati www.crownregency.com/makati_hotel_contact.php

Tower Inn

http://www.towerinn.com.ph/towerinnmkt.html

or the newer Hotel Celeste

http://www.hotelceleste.ph/about_us.html

There are other cheaper and older small hotels on the same street but farther away from the Glorietta and Greenbelt areas.

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Makati Hotels

ichotelsgroup.com will not include the various taxes that are charged at check-out. This makes up for the difference between their rate and asiatravel.com. Some of the major hotel sites, however, have best rate guaranteed. Sometimes you can do a thorough search, follow all the rules and save some coin by catching them in a situation in your favor. Be advised, however, the process is tedious and you must follow their Best Rate Guarantee policy exactly.

Make sure to ask if the smaller hotels in Makati near Greenbelt have a pool. Pretty sure Regency Suiotes does not. This may be a factor if you have a five year old.

New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Makati Hotels

Thank you guys for all the input. Will definitely consider all options suggested.

Dubai
Level Contributor
48 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Makati Hotels

you can try Crown Regency Or Tower Inn.

Crown Regency is much more better and more expensive than Tower Inn. But their Location is Very Good and near to everything.

10. Re: Makati Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 16:20