We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help.Traveling to Tagaytay from Manila. Transportation?

Grand Rapids...
9 posts
Save Topic
Need help.Traveling to Tagaytay from Manila. Transportation?

I'm going to be in Manila for 3 weeks approximately, and for 2 days I am going to Taal volcano and Mt. Maculot. It seems there are no taxi's out there to ride back on, and I don't have an international drivers license. I also don't want to ride the bus. Preferably I would like to find a personal driver for two days.

Here is my itinerary.

Day 1

---------------------------

7:00 am Leave Manila

10:00 am Arrive in - Talisay

10:30 am Boat Ride to Taal Volcano

11:00 am Arive at Jump-off point Taal Volcano - start trek (50p)

11:45 am Arive at summit / take a break /

12:15 pm head back to jump off point

1:00 pm back at jump off point, return boat ride

1:30 pm back at Talisay, eat lunch

2:30 pm head to Tagaytay Rige Zipline,

Day 2

-------------------------------------------------------

8:00 am leave Tagaytay

9:00 am arrive Mount Maculot - Cuenca Municipal Hall (pay p10) walk to start point

9:30 am start trek

11:30 am arrive at Rockies

12:00 pm head for summit

2:00 pm arrive at summit?

2:30 pm begin trek back down

4:30 pm head back to Manila

Any suggestions on how I should travel this out?

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help.Traveling to Tagaytay from Manila. Transportation?

I doubt you really need a personal driver for two days to accomplish what you wish. Transport is easy and abundant in the Philippines. It is also cheap. Renting a vehicle hire for two days would be the most expensive way to do this.

I know you can get a vehicle hire outside NAIA 1 (International arrivals) to Tagaytay for 2450 pesos. They would drop you at your lodging there. Your hotel can get you local taxis to do what ever else you require to get around Tagaytay. The can also get you a vehicle hire back to Manila when you are ready to leave.

Heading back to Manila at 430pm? Good luck. Traffic on that route is usually awful unless it is a Sunday.

UK
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help.Traveling to Tagaytay from Manila. Transportation?

If there's just one or two of you, just get a bus from Pasay in manila. Really easy, cheap and there are regular buses.

If there's about 4 I'd suggest a taxi. But be careful to negotiate a good rate.

have fun!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
1,999 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help.Traveling to Tagaytay from Manila. Transportation?

Read my and other reviews of Taal Volcano and Tagaytay.

Both are worth seeing, despite some unfair and negative reviews from a couple of local residents.

There are one or two renet a car firms at least in Manila offering a car with driver, but buses are far cheaper.

4. Re: Need help.Traveling to Tagaytay from Manila. Transportation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 06:25