We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Entertainment

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
106 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Live Entertainment

I would really like to visit local restaurants that at least serve inihaw (grilled) seafood dishes but also with live entertainment (female vocalist preferred). Filipina singers are the best and its great to listen to them while dining or having a beer and eating pulutan. Any suggestion of such places in the Quezon City area? Thanks.

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Entertainment

Conspiracy on Quezon Ave.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
106 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Entertainment

thanks, after researching it thru google, it appears to be a good venue with music... but seems to have mostly male vocalists. I'm sure they are very good but are places with female vocalists kinda like the lounge at Shangrila and Manila Hotel? I don't mind going to these places but not for consecutive times since the beer averages P400-P600 each. It does not even cost that much in a 5 star reataurant or hotel in the US.

There has to be venues with female vocalists in QC....

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Entertainment

Try Adriatico venues. I know it is a bit of a tourist grab, but you can always find both excellent male and female vocalist at the Hobbit House. There are several other establishments along Adriatico that have live music.

The lounge style 5 star hotel krooners you describe are pretty much at those venues as far as ambience. The same talent, however, is everywhere for entertainent. So much talent!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Entertainment

live entertainment?? like real lively entertainment

quezon is good but i strongly suggest you stay in makati and head to P.Burgos street...

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
106 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Entertainment

Krooners!! yes, thats the word I'm looking for.

I'm familiar with the Malate/Ermita area as I spent time there years ago. Unfortunately, its quite a jaunt from QC to that area. Traffic is horrendous just traveling short distances. That is why I am focusing on QC with preference on venues within 20-30 min from E Rod/T Morato area.

(Although, I will be near PCC for a day. I understand theres lots to do around that area)

I'm hoping that I'll find something just in T Morato. If its good, I may find myself visiting it every night. I'm sure the locals will have good suggestions when I'm there.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
106 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live Entertainment

What is in P Burgos St?

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live Entertainment

For live entertainment in Quezon City, try Ratsky on Tomas Morato. You can also check out www.clickthecity.com for band schedules in the area.

P. Burgos is a red light district, so the entertainment there is more of the girly bar kind.

Alabang
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Live Entertainment

Grilled seafood can be found in most restos. Hence it's just a question of a place with a female singer. The schedule varies in every venue. Meaning every night it could be a male singer or a band or a stand-up comic, etc. I just don't have the time to check out each location but I would suggest you google the bars, bistros along the following entertainment thoroughfares in Quezon City :

Quezon Ave.

Timog

Tomas Morato (Zirkulo is one of the famous bars on this street)

Katipunan Ave.

EastWood (is not a street but is a place in itself on C-5 road near Libis)

Good luck!

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
106 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live Entertainment

Thanks Bongmaj

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
1,971 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live Entertainment

Is there anywhere in Quezon City, Malate, Ermita or Makati that is a bar (NOT a 'girlie bar') and not an hotel bar, and which offers 'Golden Oldies' or 'Top 40s from the '60s and 70s sung by say a female vocalist with an all-male say five piece band backing her up?

Cebu City has what I thought was its fantastic Jazz N' Bluz 'bar, which I reviewed some months ago.

I simply have not gone looking for this form of entertainment in Manila before (I am usually tired from a day's traipsing around including shopping at malls) so your advice would be appreciated.

Granted there will be much female vocalist talent but 60s/70s 'Top 40' may be in shorter supply. I'm talking The Beatles, Bee Gees, Simon and Garfunkel...'hits and memories.'