We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I card

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
I card

I am coming to the end of my 59-day visa and today visited a travel agency in Laguna to extend it for me. They told me it would cost 4030 peso, a bit expensive I thought but I couldn't be bothered to go to Manila so agreed to it. ANyway they just called me to say I also need an I-card which would cost me an additional 6000 peso! Anyone know about this? I told them I would visit the embassy myself as 10,000 peso is a bit excessive for just a 38 day extension...

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I card

www.immigration.gov.ph

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I card

hi -read this on lonely planet ----You can extend in the country at a local Bureau of Immigration office for 3030 pesos www.cebutours.com/cebu_visa_extensions.htm - read this Visa Extension after 59 days good for two months:

Visa Extension 1,000.00

Application Fee 300.00

Alien Certificate of Registration 1,000.00

Head Tax 250.00

Emigration Clearance Certificate 700.00

Legal Research Fee 40.00

Express Lane Fee 500.00

Tavel Agent Fee 500.00

Total Php 4,290.00

dont think u need - I card

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I card

Do not buy, read or use Lonely Planet as a reference. It is incorrect and out of date before the latest edition is printed.

The only reference to use is the relevant government departmane which in this case is Bureau of Immigration.

As you are a temporary visitor and have been here only 59 days, you do not need an i-card.

www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php…

If you intend to stay over 6 months, then you need one and the cost is $50US.

Full details are on the website.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/

When you need to extend visas or apply for i-card, go to immigration yourself. It is better to do it yourself because it is cheaper, you have control of your passport and are less likely to use it and finally, the Philippine Government is trying to eliminate "fixers" who increase costs and corruption.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I card

Thanks a lot guys.

FSR yeah I usually always go to the immigration office myself, but didn't fancy it this time as I've heard Manila's immigration office is very busy and I would have quite a bit of waiting! It looks like that's the best option though...

Actually I am in Calamba, Laguna, is there another office near here where I can get the extension?

Thanks for your help

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I card

The information you have been given regarding is incorrect.

Immigration in Intramuros has been totally revamped.

You will not be there more than an hour at any time!

When I went for my annual registration, I waited less than 30 minutes even though there was a long queue. It is now very efficient due to the introduction of new technology.

I don't know of a closer office than Manila to Calamba.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I card

Oh wow, that doesn't sound too bad at all!

Thanks a lot :-)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I card

Visa extension on Boracay was P3500 including some copies...etc..I think this is a bit more than MNL. You do not need an I card and you agent is ripping you off..

Bohol Island...
Level Contributor
181 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I card

my boyfriend has been here 9 months a year for 4 years already, he doesn't have an I-card. when we went to renew his visa for another 2 months at the BI here in Cebu just last week (it is now his 6th month this year) he wasn't told to get an I-card or that he would need to get one, instead the info desk woman handed him a form for exit clearance which he has to fill up and pay for before he goes back home later this year. does he really need to get an I-card eventhough they didn't tell him he needs to get it now or is there a chance he will get penalized later on by the BI? just want to make sure coz sometimes they don't tell you until you get penalized for something and then it's too late :-)

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I card

I suggest you check with immigration because the regulation says that anyone staying under Sect 9(a) for over 6 months requires one.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,538 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I card

It is a new rule but you are the fiirst person who I have heard that had to do it.

I have a friend with a visa extension business in Cebu City. He has asked at the Bureau of immigration in Cebu and the last time he checked a few weeks ago, it hadn't started yet.

All permanent residents must have an ACR-I card. (ACR stands for Alien Certificate of Registration). It is used to facilitate your movements in and out of the country and is used for things such as opening a bank account.

It will replace the need for you to obtain an emigration clearance certificate, if you stay in the Philippines for 6 months.

All the government has done is make it compulsory for tourists living in the Philippines to have an ACR-I card too. And the boundary for requiring it has been set at 59 days.

So, please keep us informed of developments.

By the way, the extension going from 59 days to 4 months costs P4800 or at least used to. But that included P1000 for an alien certificate of registration. Maybe you have a new rate, without the alien certificate of registration, now that you have to apply for an ACR-I card.

Also, there are offices of the Bureau of Immigration all over the place. They even have one on Boracay. You do not need to go to Manila to extend. In fact, if you go to an out of the way office, they may still be operating on old rules. To find the Bureau of immigration office nearest to where you are staying, check here

www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php…

Regards: Jim Sibbick