We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manila cheap accomodation

baroda
3 posts
Save Topic
manila cheap accomodation

m going to manila early sept....i need to know of the not expensive guest houses or hotels not over 1000 peso and would also be of help if someone can guide me about the places i can go to in the night for some fun and nightlife with booze,etc...i dont want to know about 5 star hotel bars and discs.thx

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,826 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manila cheap accomodation

There are hostels along Padre Faura St. in the Emita district of Manila for as low as 800 pesos for an airconditioned room. Manila hostels also in the Malate district which is just near Emita. All the cheap booze you want are also located walking distance to hostels there.

If you want to book hostels online check this out --> www.hostelworld.com

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: manila cheap accomodation

You can find a few accomodation links at this post >

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298573-i3261-k348…

As alternative to hostelworld you may check also >

hostelbookers.com/hostelworld-price-comparis…

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: manila cheap accomodation

Hi, you might want to check out GoHotel (http://www.gohotels.ph/) located along EDSA between Makati and Mandaluyong. It's a new budget hotel patterned after the Tune Hotels in Malaysia. It's not as well located as the Makati or Malate hotels, but it's close to the MRT (rail system) so getting around won't be much of a problem. Good luck!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: manila cheap accomodation

do you know where you want to stay in Manila..

Makati City...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: manila cheap accomodation

there's a listing in hostelworld.com for Our Melting Pot hostel in Makati City -- a central location. The hostel has got private rooms and is well recommended. Check out this link >> hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/…36336

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,826 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: manila cheap accomodation

For the price that you want you can just go there even without reservation. Your chance of getting a room is high. I am always in that area and some of the hotels/guest houses there are always enticing foreigners in that area to check out their rooms by giving away flyers and the like.

Many guest houses in Padre Faura (near the Court of Appeals), Pedro Gil, M.H. Del Pilar and Bocobo areas in Ermita.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: manila cheap accomodation

Makait..Durban park Inn..P1100 per night..smack in the entertainment area..

So Calif
Level Contributor
80 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: manila cheap accomodation

See my review of GoHotels under Mandaluyong. It is very low priced, clean and convenient. It has Cable TV with CNN, some movies, ESPN and wireless internet, all included. Their is a convenient mall right next store with everything you'll need including a large supermarket, money exchange, local phone sim cards, and large food court. The train is very close by. The best price is to book online as far in advance as possible.

See my forum post regarding "Manila Taxis" that I just posted today. I was in Manila mid-June.

So Calif
Level Contributor
80 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: manila cheap accomodation

I went to Cowboy Grill. A great spot with live music and very crowded with both locals and tourists. The place is huge.

10. Re: manila cheap accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 12:42