We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Beware, Justice Finally for Some

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Beware, Justice Finally for Some

Thought i would share this where tourist are drugged and then robbed. But, finally they will get their just due.

www.philstar.com/Article.aspx…

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Beware, Justice Finally for Some

No matter how many times tourists are warned about not doing things in the Philippines they would not do in their own country, there are still those who ignore advice.

She was indeed fortunate not to have had anything worse than a sleeping draft.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
264 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Beware, Justice Finally for Some

So let me see, If someone gets drugged, and robbed it is their fault?? Up till recently Manila felt very safe.. But, in the past couple of years it seems that there is many reports of people being taken advantage of. I always felt safe there until last September on a short visit.. Wish I could pass this trip up, but a friend that needs medical help.

Sure we all hear that we should be careful, but it becomes easier as you travel around, to let your guard down. Don't know what is worse,, theives taking what they want, or the GOV raising taxes, to give it away to banks, and General Motors LOL

london
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Beware, Justice Finally for Some

she could of woke up having had surgery and organ donation against her will im sure that goes on also 'she should of been aware of these people im sure she would not of done the same thing back home

singapore
Level Contributor
270 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Beware, Justice Finally for Some

in other countries, people are friendly and really helping out tourists, unlike in the phil where they have a dark motive.

i think the guy that posted it is the tourist fault if they got robbed and killed has a different set of morals altogether.

5. Re: Tourist Beware, Justice Finally for Some

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2011, 07:16