We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone know of Private Drivers in and around Manila

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
154 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone know of Private Drivers in and around Manila

Hi Trip Advisor,

We are looking to hire a driver for the duration of our visit to Manila.

Anyone recommend reliable private driver with reliable vehicle - preferably larger car for up to 4 passengers.

Tips on either going thru an agency? Is this a common request in the Philippines?

We dont want to rely on public transport as we have been warned it is dangerous.

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,727 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Has anyone know of Private Drivers in and around Manila

Here is some information on transport companies and drivers that may help:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294245-c188959/Phili…

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g298573-i3261-k…

Tommo

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Has anyone know of Private Drivers in and around Manila

Hi,

1) Public transport (for inter city travel) - meanign air con bus - is NOT dangerous. For internal travel however, within a city, I can understand your concerns. Car is definitely more comfortable than jeepney!

2) Yes - it is perfectly normal to hire a car with driver. If you are staying at a hotel, just ask the travel desk or concierge - they will arrange it. Drivers in the Phils are generally very good (Don't forget that it IS a major occupation for people going overseas to work, and most drivers in Manila would have had a stint somewhere in the far east)

If staying at an apartment, ditto - ask the concierge down below. Or security guard.

Very easy to obtain one. No need to worry much about this.

England
Level Contributor
55 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Has anyone know of Private Drivers in and around Manila

I recently toured Manila with a private driver October 2013). I made arrangements with Arnold Sanchez but unfortunately he injured his foot or leg and was unable to fulfil his commitment himself. He did, however, arrange for his friend Jessie to take the tour with us. He had a new large van and picked up from the domestic terminal and we toured Manila for a few hours taking in all sights requested and many more. He then dropped us at a shopping centre so we could have something to eat and shop before he dropped us at the international airport for our flight home. The bonus was that our suitcases were looked after all day. Given that we would have had to pay for a taxi from T3 to T1 in any event and to have the suitcases stored we think this was a very good option. They also do "out of town" tours. It worked for us. Their emails addresses are arnoldvsanchez@yahoo.com and Jessie is on jureta83@gmail.com. Jessie is fluent in Japanese as well as English.

24. Re: Has anyone know of Private Drivers in and around Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 October 2013, 23:35
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,024 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Has anyone know of Private Drivers in and around Manila

I had the pleasure of being driven by TA member touristdriver (Arnold Sanchez) recently.

He is accepting public bookings from about two weeks hence - that is mid November 2013.

Once again, safe, reliable, knew when to be silent if I did not want to talk or wanted to have a mini kip and good company when I wanted to chat.

touristdriver (contact him through a TA private message) now has his own, new van that seats six, although five might be more comfortable as from my quick inspection, the back seat is not roomy.

Edited: 27 October 2013, 08:30
26. Re: Has anyone know of Private Drivers in and around Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2014, 04:16