We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

Hi there it's me again after going yo boracay for 3days and staying in Manila for two days I am thinking what's the next spot to go?!is subic is nice place to go or hang out for 3 days?! What are the best way to get there?! Bus or plane? Or if bus can I have a nice scenic view?! Can anyone suggest tourist spot in subic to visit with?!thanks a lot!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

You can reach Subic by bus, it's a 3 hour trip over very good highways. The last hour of the trip is especially scenic as the highway goes over hills with the Pinatubo range in the distance.

Subic is good for a 2 or 3 day stay. Inside Subic you can go to Ocean Adventure for shows featuring trained dolphins and seals, and Zoobic Safari which is a zoo with many different animals including tigers, ostriches, etc. Other attractions are the jungle survival training camp and rainforest canopy walk.

An hour away from Subic is Pundaquit, Zambales which has nice beaches and is good for surfing.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

Thanks haribon I think subic will be perfect for us coz before I was thinking to go to baguio for us to be able to see the terraces but someone advice us not to go ( coz we will be having our trip on the last week of June which they said it's rainy ) and long bus travel will be a problem for us. Haribon I just want to ask where Is the bus station in Manila going to subic?! How much is the transport fare?! Thanks a lot...

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

Take Victory Liner to Olongapo (the city beside Subic). Comfortable airconditioned buses leave from their terminals in Pasay and Cubao, both along EDSA. Fare is 200 pesos one way. Some buses even have wifi on board.

Details on http://www.victoryliner.com/

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

Really? A wifi?! Cool... Thanks a lot for the info haribon...

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

baguio have rice terrace?

Manila, Philippines
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

Lol.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

Jojo0318,

....Try to stay at any of the hotels in the waterfront in Subic Bay Freeport Zone. I stayed at the Vista Marina Hotel & Resort. Good restaurants are located nearby, good entertainment , disco at one of the restaurants in the waterfront (the name escapes me),- where the action is at night.

....all the other tourist spots are mentioned by haribono1.

....Enjoy your trip....;-)

Papalo

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

Thanks papalo I will search for those hotels and places..

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

I would not waste your time in Subic...beach is dirty....dogs roaming it....just not a nice place. I suggest instead try Batangas or Puerto Gallera....

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
132 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting Subic any advice??? Thanks!

Lefovertoo@ I see... I just wondered why the hotels in

Subic is so expensive? Anyway I will consoider batangas

Coz it is so near with us... My family leaves in Cavite

But I don't know what are the places that is nice to visit ion

Batangas... :) I am stupid in tourist spots...