We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila-Batad-Boracay? is it possible

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Manila-Batad-Boracay? is it possible

Please can you help me out. I am trying to see if it is possible to do this schedule

Arrive Manila 6pm 25 April

26 day look around Manila Leave take Bus to Botad

26-28 Botad rice terrace and waterfall

28 flight to boracay and return to Manila 30th( 2 days B-oracay)

30th evening eat at Spiral restaurant buffet

1 May chillin Manila

2 May historical placed Manila- Greenhills shopping

3-4 am looking for something to do, any suggestions not too far from Manila please, or a quick flight somewhere?

Is this possible? Can you do Botad then go to Boracay? i hope the walking isn't too much.

Can i do this on the dates I have suggested? ie Holy week etc?

any suggestions on booking Botad for those days at such short notice, only have just over a week.

any comments and suggestions, are truly welcome.

thanks

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila-Batad-Boracay? is it possible

Hi,

You can't get a bus to Batad.

So it would be April 26 get a night bus to Banaue and arrive April 27.

You would the have to immediately get a trike to Batad Junction and walk up to Batad Saddle and down to the village and then down to the waterfall.Then all the way back up to the Saddle and down to the junctionand a trike back to Banaue. This in my opinion, is just far far too much walking (and I love walking).

Then you would have to overnight in Banaue and return to Manila on April 28th - possibly missing your flight to Boracay.

So in summary - I would say - no this itinerary is not possible - or enjoyable, especially as you want to add somewhere else in as well!!

Just go to one place or the other and spend more time there and enjoy yourself.

Edited: 12 April 2011, 10:09
2. Re: Manila-Batad-Boracay? is it possible

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 10:51
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila-Batad-Boracay? is it possible

April 25 is not anymore part of Holy Week. If you you are going on Holy Week its a must to book your accommodations ASAP to avoid disappointed. I know at least 10 friends who are all going to Boracay during that time and booking a resort is not a breeze.

On April 28 you are in Batad then going to Boracay? What time is your flight and what time will you leave Batad? There's a bus going to Banaue from Manila 5 hours after you arrive at Manila International Airport so you may want to take that and just catch up sleep on a bus.

UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila-Batad-Boracay? is it possible

thank u for the responses... seems like am trying to sneeze too much in,

have to decide Borcay or rice terrace? difficult decision... both look great

have heard you can get to see the rice terraces by helicopter, is that true and if so do you know how much it is pls or have any details?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila-Batad-Boracay? is it possible

Helicopter rental is 1,000 pesos per minute of flight.

UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila-Batad-Boracay? is it possible

thanks Kegler, any more information about the helicopter rental please? the company, website,how long the flight will be etc, PLUS is it safe

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila-Batad-Boracay? is it possible

Try to Google "helicopter philippines" there are a few of them offering helicopter rides as they all offer different rates depending on the aircraft model. One of them is http://www.airgurus.com/contact.php

8. Re: Manila-Batad-Boracay? is it possible

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 14:17