We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the rallies near the Peninsula hotel.

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
iowa
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is the rallies near the Peninsula hotel.

We are coming to Manila for vacation real soon. We are staying at the Peninsula hotel. Is there any concern or problem going into and out of the Peninsula hotel. I hear the rallies are close to this area at ayala avenue. Do I need to cancel my reservation?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the rallies near the Peninsula hotel.

No need to cancel your reservation. Actually, you should have come real soon to exeprience the political life of the Philippines. There is nothing to worry about, it's just a rally so common here. That only means our democracy is alive.

Our rallies have actually inspired people around the world to topple some of the most corrupt governments. Know EDSA Revolution? That was the beginning of people's revolution in other countries.

I hope you come soon. The hotel is located right at the section where the rally is held. It would be nice to view from your window if you take a room facing Ayala Avenue or Makati Avenue. But you don't to worry about because the hotel's entrance is at the back not the front facing these avenues. The supposed to be front is a cascading waterfalls with fountains.

Welcome to the Philippines!

marlet

marletbadeo@yahoo.com

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the rallies near the Peninsula hotel.

You don't have to worry about the rallies being held in Makati. It's just going to pass the hotel anyway if there will be any. These rallies don't get big, so nothing to worry. Media just exaggerates them. The only thing locals worry about when there's a rally is how to get home from work since the rally may cause some traffic. So since you'll be living in Makati, you don't have to worry about what time you'd reach home.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the rallies near the Peninsula hotel.

Anyway, Violinman you need not worry about the traffic coz you don't need to ride if you go shopping. The SM and Glorietta Mall is just across your hotel while Greenbelt Mall is few steps from Glorietta.

Going out of Makati, try the MRT train. It's much better than commute bus. There is one train station at SM Mall just a few steps from your hotel.

But why stay in Manila, if you have time to go other places?

Try Baguio or Tagaytay (Luzon), Boracay or Panglao (Visayas) Davao or Siargao (Mindanao).

Thanks. Enjoy your stay.

Marlet

marletbadeo@yahoo.com

iowa
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the rallies near the Peninsula hotel.

Thanks for all your reply. Manila here we come!!