We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cebu pacific flight with flies

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cebu pacific flight with flies

FLIGHT WITH FLIES

My family and I often fly on Cebu Pacific. It’s convenient, comfortable and affordable. So today I flew back to Singapore from manila via Cebu Pacific 5j 805.

I was shocked to see the number of flies in the aircraft. Other passengers were complaining on why there were even flies on the plane. After sitting I called the attention of the flight attendant Joanne and asked her if anything was going to be done to the flies. She explained that the plane had just arrived from Bacolod and the airport was near a poultry farm thus the reason for the flies. At this point I was expecting her to address my concern but she left it at that. So I asked to speak to their head. Ms. Orange came along giving me the same excuse but no solution. I was very vocal about the health issues with the number of flies on board and inquired why she being the head FA didn’t request that the aircraft be fumigated/sprayed with Baygon or any insect repellant. She replied that they sprayed Lysol; I pointed it out to her that Lysol didn’t kill flies. So she replied that they were leading the flies towards the doors. But not one FA was shooing the flies towards the doors. And then your FA Joanne replies condescendingly that “if passengers were to complain, they could request for another aircraft but we will just have to be late”. At that point I asked if they could swat the flies and again she said “NO”.I stood up and asked other passengers to assist me in killing or shooing the flies out of the aircraft. Some passengers did exactly that for they found the presence of so many flies unsanitary and so highly questionable why nothing was done about it even before passengers were allowed to board the plane. So as I and other passengers did our best to lessen the number of flies your FA’s were busy at the tail end door chatting about their lives and other matters without taking into account what the passengers were doing in order to have a safe, clean and relaxing flight. I asked Joane and Nikki if they had any desire to help us passengers deal with the flies and they replied with a firm “NO.”

During the flight I took photos of the flies, and that didn’t even bother them. Passengers who were having the noodle soup sold on board had to swat/shoo the flies before they even had a mouthful of the noodles.

My concerns are:

Is this how Cebu Pacific is turning into?

Are the Flight Attendants developing that attitude of “Not my job and ain’t being paid enough to do that”.

What ever happened to our world renowned hospitality and service we Filipinos are so famous for?

Is there any seminar on passenger handling/service that your flight attendants go through?

I sure hope that this is an isolated case and that you continue to deliver safe, clean and relaxing flights.

And for FA’s Orange, Let, Joane and Nikki on flight 5J-805 Manila to Singapore October 25, 2011 they are in dire need of a refresher course on people skills.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
1,971 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cebu pacific flight with flies

This is a legitimate posting but also (inadevrtently) a very 'funny' read. Most amusing: great contribution which I could not have made up.

Wouldn't the flies also have annoyed the flight attendants when the latter were constantly walking up and down the A320's aisle?

If I was pushing a trolley up the aisle and had only one hand free, I'd find it most annoying if flies decided to land on my eyelids, nose or anyone else.

Edited: 28 October 2011, 07:47
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cebu pacific flight with flies

the flies did annoy the the flight attendants! while they had their snacks(of course they were the last to have theirs)the flies were zeroing on them. But still nothing was done. So the flies got a free trip from Bacolod,to Manila to Singapore. What would happen if the Australian or Singaporean quarantine read this post, would they be allowed to land?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
1,971 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cebu pacific flight with flies

Cebu Pacific has expressed a desire to fly to Australia but so far it only has A320s, A319s and ATRs which all lack the range ex MNL or CEB to MEL or SYD (although DRW then to one of teh other two might be possible, just).

However prior to arrival in Australia, foreign cabin crew and QANTAS/ V Australia crew alinke spray the aeroplane. Originally this was done by Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service officers once the doors were open but this was altered a few years ago, presumably to speed up the rate at which passengers could deplane.

Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cebu pacific flight with flies

At least you did not get charged for the flies. I assume they were free

fairfield...
Level Contributor
890 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cebu pacific flight with flies

.... It changed the meaning of the old airline saying - "Coffee, Tea, or Me". Now it.'s "coffee, tea, or flies?"

....if you're not familiar with that phrase, you're still very young and not as old...(leave it at that!). LOL

....enjoy your "flies", I mean. "flight"......:-)

Papalo

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
547 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cebu pacific flight with flies

If cebpac would just use the aerotubes in bacolod, they wouldn't have that much flies inside the aircraft. Singapore shouldn't allow that plane to land in Singapore. Having flies travel internationally should not be tolerated. That's the problem with the Philippines, there are so many undocumented travellers that can easily get out of the Philippines (including that famous case of the senator that went into hiding outside of the Philippines and no records could show he left the country), and now they can now include the flies from Bacolod in that undocumented list.

Edited: 29 October 2011, 13:58
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,209 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cebu pacific flight with flies

I think you should twitter this on Cebu Pacific..the seem to respond to twitters..

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cebu pacific flight with flies

ofw - overseas flies worker

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
350 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cebu pacific flight with flies

Actually, that is what I have noticed too this weekend (had a short dreamy trip to KL) and flew Cebu Pacific for only the second time around. Whoa -- flies, at least two of them -- are in our row!

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cebu pacific flight with flies

Two flies in your row? Did it fasten their seatbelt?