We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks philippines

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Katwijk, The...
Level Contributor
58 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
3 weeks philippines

We would like to go to Manila, Banaue, Oslob and Malapascua. in March 2013 for 2 persons.

How must we book all this?

Everybody on the internet is telling me to arrange it myself but I'm afraid to do it.

I'm not used to book vacations on my own.

We want to go for 4 days Manilla to do 2 daytours, then Banaue for 4 nights, Oslob to see the whale shark, maybe something else at Cebu and then for 8 days to a beach cottage at Malapascua.

Is it to long to stay at Malapascua, should we also go to another place?

I would be very pleased if someone can help me.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks philippines

Once you reach Manila, go to Sampoloc Ohayami Trans to buy a ticket to Banaue. It is usually a overnight bus so you can sleep all the way. Once you reach Banaue, it will be daylight. Get a guide to bring you around. You can even get a guide before you arrive in Manila. If you need recommendation for a guide, pm me. Anyway, every regular here will know who I will recommend.

If you want something simpler, get a car and driver. Search the threads here and you will find some recommendations but the downside is it will be more costly than taking a bus!

For 4 days, go to Banaue and Sagada or Banaue and Batad.

After you had enough of Banaue, return to Manila and book a flight to Cebu. In Cebu, take a rest for a day unless you reach Cebu at 0400hrs. If you reach this early, take a bus to Oslob. After you have played with the whale shark, return to Cebu and take a rest. Next morning, take a bus to Maya which is the jetty to Malapascua.

I would advice you to spend 4 days in Malapascua unless you dive a lot.

If you want to move on, take a flight from Cebu to Boracay. Finish off your vacation there. Fly back to Manila and back to the country of Tulips and Windmills

This is a high level plan. Once you have decided where to go and need help on how to get to point A to B, do a search and if you can't find it, just post your questions here.

We will do our best to help.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,256 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks philippines

get to Banaue first, as its not the easiest trip. From there you can decide how long to stay, than back to Manila or even Clark to fly to Cebu, from there may you way to and spend a few days in Malapascua. Back to Cebu, consider a short trip to Bohol and Alona beach. You can tour a bit of Bohol as well. OR..if not Bohol, head to Boracay from Cebu.

You do not need agents to do all of this and be careful of recommendations that you get in any site thru private messages. .

Katwijk, The...
Level Contributor
58 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 weeks philippines

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

I really think that I can do it with all your tips and further questions I put on this forum.

Your help is fantastic!!!

I read that is not so difficult as I thougt it would be, maybe I just have to do it and get used to arrange things in the Philippines.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
157 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 weeks philippines

I would spend 3 full days in Banaue alone [minus the travel time from Manila-Banaue and vice versa]

Edit

3 or more is ideal

Edited: 14 June 2012, 13:19
Manila
Level Contributor
629 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 weeks philippines

""We want to go for 4 days Manilla to do 2 daytours, then Banaue for 4 nights""

4 days in manila seems too much...

How about a whole day tour of Manila, a whole day tour of Pagsanjan falls and 1 day for Tagaytay/ Taal volcano...listed 1 of the "1000 places to see before you die".

http://books.google.com.ph/books?id=41O5QMgL1ZwC&pg=PA493&dq=1000+places+to+see+before+you+die+-+Tagaytay&hl=fil&sa=X&ei=GX_aT_-LHpGViAeQypSgAg&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Search more about Banaue - Sagada - Baguio loop... it would be a shame if you miss other stunning beauty aside from Banaue. At least 5 days for the loop tour.

Here's a pics taken somewhere in Halsema highway... veggie farm. …fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/181253_4746297892…

6. Re: 3 weeks philippines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:17