We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clark to Manila and back!

Bangalore
Level Contributor
22 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Clark to Manila and back!

Hi,

I know this question has been asked numerous times before. However, I have a specific query and would deeply appreciate some help.

I am scheduled to arrive in Clark (Air Asia) on the 9/7/2012 and want to reach my hotel (best western premier f1 hotel).

I guess the most convenient option is to take a taxi all the way. Could some one please let me know how much that would cost.

The next best option seems like the Philtranco bus shuttle. Any idea how much this costs? Where do I need to get off so that I can reach my hotel at the earliest.

Thankyou in advance.

Thomas

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clark to Manila and back!

For taxi, I would advice you to take a trike to Dau Terminal. Just outside Jollibee, there may be taxi willing to drive you to Manila for as low as P800. This will depends on your bargaining power.

As for bus, the last time I read I think it is about P170 per person. Once you alight at the terminal, you will still need to transfer to a taxi to bring you to yoru hotel.

Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clark to Manila and back!

There are bus companies offering transfers from Clark to Manila. You can book directly at the arrival area. Drop off point is Megamall in Ortigas. From here you will need to take a taxi. Depending on your time of arrival, do expect some traffic.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
22 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clark to Manila and back!

Thank you all!! :) Considering we will reach clark after two longish flights with very little time in transit and not too much sleep, we would prefer to just hop in to a car and get dropped off at our hotel.

However, that seems to be the least recommended option.

Manila
Level Contributor
649 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clark to Manila and back!

If your arrival is at night, forget about taxis in DAU that seeks back load... there won't be any. An accredited taxi of clark should cost 2500 to manila.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clark to Manila and back!

Philtranco meets all flights...P300 thereabouts to Manila, then grab a taxi.

what time do you arrive in Clark...

The Dau bus is our favorite or a taxi from there who seeks return fares.

Check this link

http://www.philtranco.com.ph/

Bangalore
Level Contributor
22 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clark to Manila and back!

Thank you again. We arrive at about 10 am in the morning, so no sweat w.r.t the timing. However we are not eager to hop on and off a bus and haggle with a cabbie too. We would prefer to just hop on to a taxi direct from the airport even if we have pay a little premium.

Any ideas as to the price for this transfer. I cant see any company where I can pre book my transfer by car from clark airport to Manila.

Thank you in advance.!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clark to Manila and back!

Where in Manila are you going, its not that difficult. As noted, otherwise you can haggle with a taxi at Clark, but that haggle will net you a bigger loss I bet then the cab in Manila.

Try these folks, I personally think they overcharge and do not like the service but its an option for you to explore.

http://www.margaritastation.com/NAIA.html

Bangalore
Level Contributor
22 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clark to Manila and back!

hmmm thanks :) we are are headed to bestwestern premier f1 hotel. It looks like we should take the bus shuttle from the airport and get down at Megamall and hail a cab to the hotel ?

We will have two rather big suit cases though ( we plan to head to boracay for 6 nights after manila). I hope we wont have trouble keeping it during the bus ride.

I tried the Margaritastation. However, I dont think they have a transfer from Clark. Just NAIA.

Thank you !

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clark to Manila and back!

they will do clark, email them

In past, when we had too much luggage, we bought extra seat on the bus as I do NOT like to store things below. Keep in mind, weight restrictions for Boracay and you do NOT need much there when you pack..thanks..

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
2,169 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clark to Manila and back!

thomaser, it isn't much of a hassle finding a taxi once you arrive at Megamall: as is usually in the case in Metro Manila, taxis are ever present.

Just say 'meter po' as while most drivers automatically switch on their meters, a few still decline to do so, especially if they can tell that you are a foreigner. If one refuses, simply get out and hail another one (but try to establish if they'll switch on the meter before you load your suitcases!)