We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila Airports transfer

3 posts
Save Topic
Manila Airports transfer

hi. does anyone know if J5 is the same as terminal3? i m arriving at J5 on cebu pacific and need to catch PAL flight at terminal3.

only 1 hour 55 minutes in between. very confused with different airport names and worried about connection. thanks for helping

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila Airports transfer

What is J5?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila Airports transfer

Anyway, 1hr55mins between transfer is a little too short.

You have to check-in 45mins before flight so that leave you with 1hr10mins.

Assuming your flight is on time and minus off immigration and luggage claim, I guess your success rate is very low.

manila
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila Airports transfer

MH, 5J is the call sign for Cebu Pacific, which flies in and out of Terminal 3. PAL now has some flights out of T3 so 1h55m may just be feasible for the OP if both flights are T3 (especially if both are domestic flights where you won't need to clear immigration and customs)

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila Airports transfer

i presume they mean 5j -but pal operate at terminal 2 ,so provide more info as to where flying to from manila?

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila Airports transfer

thanks for the info. i m arriving Manila from hong kong and going to Kalibo in the morning on PAL. it says terminal 3 on PAL website.

6. Re: Manila Airports transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 January 2013, 13:05
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,374 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila Airports transfer

your time between flights is limited and risky, but if all falls in line okay, you can do it. I would not do it though with so many things that can go wrong.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
647 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manila Airports transfer

5J = Cebu Pacific is Terminal 3.

Air Philippines (subsidiary of PAL) is also at Terminal 3 but PAL flies out of T2. With PAL and Air Philippines, CHECK your ticket which airline PAL or Air Philippines and the terminal you fly out of. OR, as soon as you arrive, go to Air Philippines desk on departure level (not sure which section, but they have an airline desk there before the check in counters) where to go.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 12:26
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manila Airports transfer

Ok, 5J I can understand but J5 is something new to me.

If OP can let us know his domestic destination and flight number will be good. Now with the streamline of PAL and APX, it may get a bit confusing to some tourist.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,277 posts
574 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manila Airports transfer

pls verify your kalibo flight. PAL flies to Kalibo using terminal 2. PAL also codeshares with Airphil using PR code as flight details, BUT because it is codeshare, it uses terminal 3.

See this link.

…philippineairlines.com/files/8413/5779/3900…

Page 2 shows PAL flight to Kalibo, terminal 2.

Page 3 shows PAL flight to Kalibo but codeshare with Airphil, terminal 3.