We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Korean airlines

Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Re: Korean airlines

Has anyone had the experience of flying Korean Airlines to Manila?

I'm thinking of using this airlines to Manila on April, 2013.

Let me know. Thanks,

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: Korean airlines

I have and I loved it. Everything was perfect.

New and very clean planes with reasonable seat comfort, top-notch service, good food with ample serving, latest entertainment system. Nothing more I can ask for!

Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: Korean airlines

I have bad knees and really wanted to save money this time so I'm thinking of just using economy class. ( I used to fly premium class. But can't afford that now)..How's the seat in terms of distance between you and the guy in front?

Can you choose a seat days before flying , not just during check in?

Do the flight attendants speak English?

Was the stop over in Korea and how's the airport there in terms of washroom and coffee shops just to while away my time if I will?

Sorry for so many questions. I'm just quite apprehensive because this is the first time I'm planning to choose a different airline.

Thanks again

Edited: 15 January 2013, 02:47
Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: Korean airlines

Yes, the flight attendants speak English.

Seoul airport, I think was chosen as the best airport in the world. Or at least top 3 and with good reason. So you will be more than comfortable and entertained there. Asian airports and flight attendants have always been better than their European or North American counterparts. As for the planes, they are pretty good. No worries.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re: Korean airlines

I'm Asian so my frame is tiny. I found the seats to be comfortable, with enough distance to the person in front.

I'm not sure about choosing the seats, maybe you can try mock booking in their website or asking a travel agent.

Yes the attendants speak English, in varying capacity though.

Yes the stopover is in Seoul and it's probably one of the cleanest airports in the world. Korea is like Singapore and Japan, CLEAN. Food establishments are plenty together with money changers.

You may want to post here too:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,826 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Re: Korean airlines

I have used them to flights from Manila to the U.S. and back. Korean Airlines is better in all aspects than any North American airlines according to numerous surveys and my personal experience.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,440 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Re: Korean airlines

i used Korean Airlines just 2-3 weeks ago, onboard the triple 7.

1. The legroom in economy is good legroom because it is a full legacy airline, the seats are slightly tighter (width) than the 747 because they used a 9 abreast configuration.

2. FA all speak english.

3. Incheon airport competes with Singapore and Hongkong for the best airport. I think Incheon has won the past few years.

4. I did internet check in 24 hours before the flight. No need to print. Just go to the web check in counter.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Re: Korean airlines

I have flown Korean twice from Seattle,I would agree with all above, extremely good airline, good food and good service. I also like Asiana and Eva air, not sure if they fly from an airport near you in Canada. I still find Asian and middle eastern airlines a cut above european and american airlines

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,440 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Re: Korean airlines

seatguru.com/airlines/…information.php

Compare these data to the airline you are familiar with.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Re: Korean airlines

they may be fine, but we stopped flying them many years ago when they crashed due to pilot error and pilots arguing as it went down. We used it often till then and of course its safe, but we are just superstitious.

Vancouver, Wn.
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Re: Korean airlines

Last 5 trips made with Korean Air. Satisfied in all reguards although price was a primary reason in the selection. Going to try Asiana on next trip.

I did not book directly with the airline so do not know if you can get reserved seats through them with the website I use it was not allowed but always was able to get good seats on checking in early.