We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Makati City - Business

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Makati City - Business

I will be in Makati City on business for 6 weeks my spouse will be joining me for 4 weeks and we would like to take a few weekend sight seeing getaways as well as a couple day trips in and around Makati. One of the weekends we would like to take a package trip to Hong Kong. Any advice or suggestion would be appreciated. Should we be using a travel agent. This is a part of the world to us.

Please advise on the safey of the area that we will be located as well as any other suggestions for time spent outside of business. At this point I believe we will be in an apartment hotel.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Makati City - Business

Taking a package tour to HK is good since you can get the best deals through package tours offered by travel agencies. There are a lot of package tours advertised in the newspapers but I suggest you get it from a reputable travel agency such as American xpress Travel to be sure or thrrough your hotel.

Makati is a safe place to stay depending on the area you'll be in since there's the Business District and the Red light Disitrict. Your apartment hotel concierge can help you on your weekend tours. Visit www.wowphilippines.com.ph for more info about the Philippines.

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Makati City - Business

Hi. If you give me an idea of your interests, I can give you a suggested list of things to do, places to see. Are you adventurous eaters? Do you like outdoor activities? Shopping? Historical sites? The beach?

Manila, Philiippines
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Makati City - Business

You can stay at Fraser Place, Manila Peninsula or Oakwood Suites.

Suggestions:

Shopping- Glorietta, SM Megamall, Mall of Asia

Dining- Greenbelt 3, Rockwell, Baywalk,

Recreation/Cinema/Concerts- Greenbelt, Araneta Coliseum

Culture/ History/ Art/ Performances- Cultural Center of the Phils., Filipinas Heritage Library(in front of Peninsula), Ayala Museum, Intramuros, National Museum, Rizal Park

Native Crafts- Balikbayan Handicrafts, accross Dusit Hotel, Tesoro's

Out of Town Weekends- Tagaytay, Subic, Boracay, Baguio

Beaches- Cebu, Palawan, Boracay, Davao

wowphilippines.com.ph/explore_phil/explore_m…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
269 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Makati City - Business

Thank you , your response is helpful.

I have been looking on the internet for a travel agent (in Makati/Manila) that specialize in tour packages from Manila. We are looking at one weekend package.(long) to either Shanghai, Taiwan or Singapore. If arrangements work out - we will be in Hong Kong before we arrive in Manila. Thank you in advance

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Makati City - Business

try www.pandatour.com. I haven't tried this travel agency yet but it seems popular. I just lifted its website from today's paper which has a lot of package tour ads every Monday but this Panda Travel Service seems yo be the only one with a website. The rest of the advertised travel agencies only have email addresses. Hope this helps.

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Makati City - Business

Try Mondial Tours & Travel www.mondialtours.com.ph or Sharp Travel Services www.cfsharp.com. I've used them quite a few times and am satisfied with their service. Both have offices in Makati and are IATA members.