We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

Hong Kong, null...
5 posts
Save Topic
Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

I'm 19, year 1 uni student from Hong Kong, going to Manila on 9th Mar. planning to go to Banate to see the rice terrace and waterfall. It's a one day trip. I'll just take the night bus. Any local/traveller wana join me on that day? it's gonna be awesome:) feel free to ask anything! I'm still working on my itinerary. am also going to Boracay on 12th. Let me know! Cheers

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

hi sean ,its banaue -going on night of 10th? and back again on 11th before going to boracay on 12th -thats going to be one tiring trip

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

May I know which waterfall are you referring to?

Hong Kong, null...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

I know loll yeah it's Banaue i'm always confused with those names;p U wanna join?

Hong Kong, null...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

Tappiya waterfall:) Right next to Batad rice terrace!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

Batad? In a day?

Have you got your transport within Ifugao work out?

Hong Kong, null...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

I plan to take a bus at 10th night and arrive Batad on the morning. And spending the whole 11th at Batad for rice terrace/waterfall and then return to Manila at that night. Is it possible? I'm still researching:(

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

Well, to be honest, technically you can do it.

From the way I decipher your post, you still have not got your transport from Banaue to Batad sort out.

If you will to rely on the scheduled jeepney service, you will not make it back to Manila. This means you will miss your boat to Boracay too.

I have done Batad in a day, just like what you have planned. Difference is I did not go to the falls as I am running short of time and stamina.

Do not under estimate Batad. It may totally drain you out on your way up.

If you want to do this in a day, you have to travel fast. I mean very very fast. You will start your day travelling from Banaue to Batad Saddle Point.

From there, walk all the way down to Batad village. By then you can have you lunch. Now assuming you have to reach back to Batad Saddle Point by 4pm. Now you only left with about 3hrs.

For me, I went to Batad View Point where the view is awesome. According to my guide, she can make it to Batad View Point and the Falls and then back to Saddle Point by 4pm!

Let me tell you, I barely make it back to the Saddle Point after only visiting Batad View Point.

Ok, maybe I am an old man. So my stamina is not as good as you but please plan your time carefully.

My transport from Banaue to Batad Saddle Point and back is I charter a private jeepney.

Try to reach back Banaue by 5pm before it gets dark.

Good luck.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

Just to share it with you.

http://wp.me/pBrCp-Z5

Do not skip your breakfast! Make sure you have enough energy for the trek!

For the Falls, when I was there, there is a group of Filipinos trying to make it to the Falls.

Believe it or not, half of them cannot make it as they find it too tough!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

I wanna Join !

montreal
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone wana explore Banate (rice terrace) on 10 March?

I'm alone here and also looking for some exploring partners pm me I'm derick from Canada