My family and I (5 of us with 2 children age 11 and 13) ) will be in Manila during Christmas 2006 for 5 days. Will arrive from Malaysia using Airasia. Thinking of moving around on ourown as we used to do in Bangkok and Bali. Air Asia have arranged bus from Clark Airport to drop off at SM Mega Mall. Please advise:
1. How much is taxi from Clark airport to Manila, say SM Mega Mall area? and how safe is it?
2. how safe is it for Chinese to move around on our own in Manila?
3. what are the recomended hotels (2 to 3 stars) within walking distance to SM Mega Mall?
4. Understand LRT/MRT station is near by SM Mega Mall. Which is nearear Ortigas MRT Station or Shaw Boulevard Station?
5. Where are places of interest/events durng Christmas eve?
6. If I wish to get a local tour, any recommended agent?