We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants with entertainment

Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants with entertainment

Does anyone know of any restaurant with decent entertainment ( no hanky-panky type) but no formal dress code either, located somewhere in Manila? Some people say I can also find places like that in hotels but I don't have any idea where...

Is Manila a 24 hour city? If so, are there decent places that serve meals after mid night?

What are good places in Greater Manila area only to visit for a group of foreign tourists?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

Smokey Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours
Yolo Travel Philippines
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours
ePhilippines Adventure Travel and Destinations
Multi-day Tours, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
293 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants with entertainment

Manila is a 24 hr town. check out the hobbit house. live bands and good food.

check out corrigador isle for a day tour, intramuros is a good visit also.

Edited: 26 February 2013, 16:54
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants with entertainment

http://www.zamboangarestaurant.com/ -cultural show

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
270 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants with entertainment

Try Mall of Asia... there's tons of things to do there.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
124 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants with entertainment

I don't know how late they stay open considering it's at the Bayleaf Hotel (Intramuros), but we thoroughly enjoy this place for the atmosphere, the food and on weekends the excellent live band. I also recommend dining at the restaurant just under the roof deck during weekday lunch (when they have the Filipino buffet) both for the good food and best view of the city.

thebayleaf.com.ph/restaurants/sky-deck-view-…

If you do visit during the day, you're already within the old walled city and walking distance to the churches, forts and just outside Intramuros, the National Museum (Museum of the Filipino People). The heat at midday could be too much so you could also ride a calesa (horse-drawn carriage) around this entire area. If you're a big group, you may want to arrange a day tour with transport. One company that does this is Jeepney Tours. They have airconditioned tourist jeepneys. This link should be current.

http://jeepneytours.com/

Seems they have quite a menu of tours. Hope you find what you're looking for. Enjoy your stay!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,141 posts
2,134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants with entertainment

Visit Greenbelt in Makati, as it has numerous restaurants. The only live music I can recall there is Cafe Havana - not a venue I particularly like, but there may be one or two others.

The excellent Spanish restaurant Alba in Tomas Morato Street, Quezon City has a great small band wandering from table to table. They have a wide repetoire.

Remedios Circle in Malate is another possibility.

Edited: 26 February 2013, 20:50
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,087 posts
1,954 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants with entertainment

The Sunset Buffet at the Sofitel has a cultural show. Lovely location around the pool with Manila Bay views.

Tommo

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants with entertainment

Some suggestions in Makati area:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298450-d1…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g298450-d2…

For something a bit more upscale, try Conway's Bar at the Shangri-La or Martinis at the Mandarin:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g298450-d1…

Edited: 27 February 2013, 00:09
8. Re: restaurants with entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 05:17