We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

I know there are a lot of posts regarding terminal transfers, but I haven't found sufficient answers regarding night time departures.

I will be arriving to NAIA through T1, April 8th (Monday) 6:10 pm

Do I have enough time to reach T3 for a departure flight April 8th (Monday) 9:35 pm?

I will most likely have no checked baggage, but would like to budget enough time in case I have to check a bag.

This is my preferred flight choice, otherwise I'll have to have a 12 hour layover here and I hear the airport is not too great.

Any opinions and advice would be great.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

you will have enough time if flights are on time arriving.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,332 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

As long as your flight will arrive not more than one hour late then you don't have to worry much even if the immigration queue is long and the traffic is bad... you can still make your connection.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
8 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

You definitely should be able to make it!

Those are off-peak hours so you can get out of T1 (immigration, customs, baggage claim) in 30-35 minutes. NAIA is boasting a 25 minute in-and-out process, but we have yet to experience that level of speed. Even if your flight is delayed by 90 minutes, you have more than enough time to get to T3.

Extra advice: check-in online for your flight at T3 as the queues for online check ins are remarkably shorter than the regular ones and you'll breeze through the airport.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

610 PM Is still peak with traffic, especially out by the airport but as noted its doable.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

Thanks for the timely advice everyone. I'm gonna go ahead and book the 930pm departure. I feel a lot better about the timing now.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

where is the domestic flight to and airline?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

Arriving on Hawaiian Airlines from Hawaii at 610pm (Terminal 1) and departure would be with Cebu airlines to Bangkok at 935pm (terminal 3)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,332 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

Based from statistics, Hawaiian Airlines has one of the best on-time record among U.S.-based carriers.

manila
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

Oh, your 5J is an international flight.

It's doable but may be a bit tight. Here's your timetable:

1. Sprint off the plane and choose the shortest line through immigration. Make sure you queue up in the "Foreign Passport" lane at T1. This should be the rate limiting step in T1. Figure 30-45 minutes on a good day.

2. Have your customs sheet ready and surrender to the customs inspector just beyond the baggage claim carousels.

3. Exit T1, turn left and head for the yellow taxi queue. Board the cab and head for T3. Takes around15-20 minutes.

4. Clear initial security at T3 entrance. 5-10 minutes.

5. Check in or verify your self printed boarding pass at the 5J international kiosk. 15-40 minutes

6. Clear immigration at T3 and rush to your gate. approx 30 minutes

These are just estimates.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,332 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NAIA Transfer from T1 -> T3 Expert Advice Needed

I would say that the estimates of viajeroManila are spot-on.