We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money changer in Malnila- from Malaysia Ringgit to Peso

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
money changer in Malnila- from Malaysia Ringgit to Peso

I am from Malaysia and wIll be visiting Metro Manila and Angeles City. I would need to change some Malaysian currency (Ringgit) to Peso. Pls advise will there be any difficulty in Manila? where can I get a better money changer in Metro Manila and Angeles City?

Or is it advisble to use open up and international bank that have ATM in Manila and withdraw as & when neccessary?

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money changer in Malnila- from Malaysia Ringgit to Peso

It's best to change your Ringgit to US Dollar when traveling to the Philippines so you can change it to Philippine Pesos.

There are a lot of money changers in Angeles City especially around the Balibago area where there's a high concentration of foreigners. But according to my balikbayan friends, the best rate is given at the currency exchange at any SM department store where there is usually a long line.

In Manila, since your shuttle drops you at SM megamall, you can have your dollar changed there before the SM Department Store closes at 9pm. Their currency exchange is always located at the ground floor of

the department store.

I also read on another thread recently suggesting the ATM machine too, I think it's on a thread aabout Cebu City.

2. Re: money changer in Malnila- from Malaysia Ringgit to Peso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 08:18