We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

Hi

I have a flight coming into Manila arriving at around 430AM on PAL express. It lands in Terminal 2.

My connecting flight is at 630AM at Terminal 3 for puerta princesca also with PAL express.

I hear it is very tight or close to impossible to do the connection and make the flight as I have to go through immigration and possibly re-check in. The good thing is I will only be on a carry on luggage so I wont have to wait for my check in baggage.

Please advise whether I can make the connecting flight? I could take this other flight that leaves for puerta princesca at T4 with Zest Air but that would mean it would set me back another 50US.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
601 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

have pal express check you through to your final destination. from your port of origin, you should be given boarding passes all the way. 2nd, they should take care of your transfer from t2 to t3 but verify with them to make sure.

regarding zest air, read several threads here about that airline, just so that you can hope for the best, expect the worst.

Edited: 28 March 2013, 02:54
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,667 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

With just a 2-hour window between your flight every minute counts. Here's something that you need to contemplate. What if your flight arrives 15 mins. or even 30 mins. late because of thousands of reasons that we still don't know?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

Your flight from SIN-MNL must not have any delay. This reminds of the same exact trip I made a few weeks ago and both my flights SIN-MNL and MNL-PPS is in T3.

Read my trip report on what happened to me. If it does, then you will definitely miss your flight.

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

Hi All

Thank you for your advice! I have informed the pal express and have asked them to book me on another airline for the connecting flight to PPS and will see what they have to say. What happened was when I made this booking they were still AirPhilExpress and all the flights were from T3 so i just assumed 2 hours would be sufficient. However I was just informed that it has been bought over and all international flights shifted to T2.

anyways after speaking with the customer officer, I have to say I am not very optimistic that they will be very helpful. so I think my current options are to either book the ZestAir flight at 0740AM or Cebu Pacific at 815AM. The flight prices are around 50USD and 80USD respectively.

Can I check what are your experiences with these airlines?

mousehunt - can i take a look at your trip report?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

Zest Air? Forget it. Only use them if you want to reach your destination late or you have no intention to fly at all.

Go with Cebu Pacific then. Though still budget but more reliable then Zest.

You can find my trip report here.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294257-i10101-k62…

I really hope you will not be as unlucky as me!

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
601 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

2 hrs is tight indeed as you have to change terminals. the option is to go for cebpac or request for check tru. palx flight sked shows another flight at 11am if in case you miss the earlier flight. i am waiting for reply from pal/palx about your situation. any from them i will post their reply here..

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

Hi

al22tec - Thanks for inquiring on my behalf! Are you connected to them in any way? please help me push my case if you can, as I made this booking like back in October and made all the subsequent plans already and have such a change one week before is hardly ideal.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,667 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

Since your 2 flights are on the same airline you will be asked to go to the transfer desk of PAL Express at Terminal 2 and for that they will check you in for your domestic flight. If in any reason you missed your flight and it is not your fault, PAL Express is duty bound to put you on the next available flight to Puerto Princesa.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

Unfortunately the next flight to PPS by PAL Express is 5hrs later.

Pretty long wait at the airport.

Singapore, Singapore
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is 2 hours enough for a transfer between Terminal 2 and 3

kegler747 - Ya i understand. the problem is that the next available flight to PPS is at like 6pm which is really too late for me as my girlfriend will be fly into PPS on cebu pacific in the morning from Taiwan.