We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Tours in Manila

Darwin
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day Tours in Manila

Hey All

I will be in the Philippines for a holiday in a couple of weeks time (14 days to go and counting!). At the end of travelling around, i will be in Manila for a couple of days before I fly out. I have been looking at doing an organised day tour of Manila, possibly one that ends with a dinner cruise in teh evening. Does anyone out there have any suggestions of a decent company and tour to do?

Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Tours in Manila

Look up for drivers recommendation.

I suggest 2D1N trip to Pangsanjan Falls, Taal and Tagatay.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294245-c188959/Phili…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,344 posts
1,910 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Tours in Manila

Dinner cruise options are Prestige and Sun Cruises.

Discount voucher offered here:

metrodeal.com/deals/…958711495

Dont expect too much from the food but the cruise is pleasant and very cheap.

Tommo

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,945 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Tours in Manila

I suggest you just use one of the Trip Advisor recommended Manila drivers to take you around.

Where ever you do go, do not miss Intramuros.The walled city of the original site for Spanish occupation in Manila. Inside Intramuros, don’t miss

- Casa Manila. The home of a wealthy Spanish merchant. Set up as it would have been in the 18th or 19th century. One interesting item for me in Casa Manila is the fans bought from India during the British occupation of Manila (1762-1764), which the guides will demonstrate

- San Agustin Church and museum. It is the oldest existing church in the Philippines (about 1595) and has a huge amount of historical artefacts inside.

- Fort Santiago and museum. Look out for the odd looking Calesa’s (Horse drawn carriages). I saw one Calesa that looked like a stretched limo. You can ride them for a fee.

If you are into movies, go to Mall of Asia. It is the 10 biggest mall in the world. There is an Imax Theatre where you can watch the latest block buster movies on the huge screen and in 3d, if available.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,104 posts
2,069 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Tours in Manila

Contact TA member touristdriver via a TA private message. He is reliable, savvy and knows his way around Metro Manila and a fair bit of its island of Luzon. His prices are reliable while he gives you good value.

manila
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Tours in Manila

As Big Jim mentioned, there are a lot of interesting things to see in Manila. One has just to open one's eyes. I would suggest a walking tour of either the walled city of Intramuros or Chinatown. The best guides are Carlos Celdran (Celdran Tours) and Ivan Dy (Old Manila Walks). This takes about half a day and one can have dinner at Bayleaf in the walled city or in one of Chinatown's authentic cafes. I'm not recommending the dinner cruise. Took the wife on one of them a few years back for our anniversary and never repeated in again. Another day tour would be Corregidor which provides a comprehensive, albeit one sided reckoning of the events surrounding WW2.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Tours in Manila

Give yourself 4 days to cover all the places mentioned above.

If you have decided to visit Pangsanjan Falls, Taal and Tagatay, get a private driver and car to drive you there to save time.

TD is well verse in that area too.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,344 posts
1,910 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Tours in Manila

All great suggestions above.

Now to pick which ones interest you???

Ive done Tagaytay/Taal and Pagsanjan with TD, and did Corregidor & the Dinner Cruise. Enough to keep you occupied for several days...and then there the shopping.

Tommo

Malolos City...
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Tours in Manila

I suggest you take one or two or Carlos Celdran's walking tours. I highly recommend the Intramuros and Binondo tours. One of the best day tours in Manila.

Darwin
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Tours in Manila

Thanks all for the suggestions and help. We will be going to do a tour of Intramuros and more than likely Chinatown as we are staying right near it. Can’t wait to get there!

10. Re: Day Tours in Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 05:17