We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

Hi!

I've just booked our up-coming holiday with Air Asia Sydney to Clark arriving 12.40AM then a same day 8.15AM departure with PAL from Manila to Boracay.

I thought it would be (relatively) easy to get a jeepney from the airport to Dau and an aircon bus into Manila. However, looking at some blogs it appears not quite so simple!

Does anyone know how frequently buses are at that time of the morning and Is it possible to get a taxi either from the airport or Dau?

Any help/advice very much appreciated!

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

should be no problem getting taxi if you are willing to pay 2000-3000 peso

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

philtranco.com.ph/philtranco-bus-schedule.php 3.30am bus should get you to to manila before 6am ,then taxi to airport

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

If you want a cheap way at your hour of arrival, take a taxi to Dau terminal for max P400.

Then take a bus to Manila and should not cost you more than P200.

An easier way will be like what mentioned in #1 or wait will 0330hrs for the Philtranco bus.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,994 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

There's no 3:30am Philtranco bus from Clark Airport to Manila. There's a 1:30am bus then the next is 7:00am to Manila.

There is a 3:30am bus originating from Trinoma going to Clark Airport.

philtranco.com.ph/philtranco-bus-schedule.php

Edited: 05 May 2013, 05:32
sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

Thanks very much for your replies guys.

Probably prefer not to kick our heels 'till 3-30am to get the bus (if there is one!) Maybe the 1.30am will be a bit tight but that could be the best bet if we can make it and if it operates - reliability does seem an issue from what I've read i.e. scheduled services sometimes don't turn up and you can be stranded.

Mousehunt, the taxi to Dau & bus to Manila was my original idea but I was worried a) whether there would be a taxi available from Dau at that time and b) frequency of buses. Don't want to be hanging around Dau for hours. Last time I was there, a looong time ago it could be a little dodgy in the early hours with characters hanging about you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley but maybe it's different now.

I recall the old Philippine Rabbit used to run - flat chat at 130kph - pretty much all night but seems the old Rabbit is no more.

So, if the 1-30am bus doesn't work, there are taxis at the airport terminal at 1am to take us either to Dau or Manila?

Also, will the money changers still be open at the airport as we'll be arriving with AUD/USD.

Thanks again for your help!

Edited: 05 May 2013, 19:22
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

"So, if the 1-30am bus doesn't work, there are taxis at the airport terminal at 1am to take us either to Dau or Manila?"

Yes. There will be.

"Also, will the money changers still be open at the airport as we'll be arriving with AUD/USD."

Not sure about that but change enough money to last you for a day or two in Philippines. For the rest, change in Manila.

sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

Cheers Mousehunt!

sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

Cheers Mousehunt!

If we can't change at Clark we'll make a stop in Manila - except it'll be well before 7AM so they may not be open. Anyone know of 24 hour money change in Manila?

Otherwise, hope they can change at Manila domestic before we leave... I'm guessing the rate in Boracay will not be that good and we've got a fair number of expenses to settle when we get there.

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

Since your domestic flight is 0815hrs, I would suggest you to change the money in Boracay then.

Not many money changer will be open during the wee hours.

Another suggestion, try to reach Manila airport 2 hours before your flight. You have to clear security before you enter the terminal and the terminal inside is a little chaotic.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Clark to Manila at 1AM.

The Philtrancobus usually waits for the AirAsia passengers even when the airasia flight is delayed.