We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Malate

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Malate

Looking for a good hotel in Malate lose to food and drinking establishments - any suggestions would be great and not on a budget.

Many thanks

Kat

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Malate

Hyatt. Near to Robinson Mall and many small restaurant in Malate surrounding.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Malate

Thanks. Is the area safe?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Malate

safe in what aspect?it was you that asked for hotel in malate -why stay there is you think its unsafe?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Malate

Reading some reviews on other hotels(not the Hyatt) and a lot say that you have to be careful of young punks looking for money. We are well travelled however do not want to stay in an area where we cannot walk out on an evening. So my question is is Malate a safe area to stay in as we have never been to Manila before?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Malate

Then why stay in Malate, look at hotels in Makati instead, many travalelers prefer Makati

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Malate

i have stayed in malate several times and never saw young punks looking for money -maybe they are referring to children begging for money -if you feel threatened by children -then perhaps better stay elsewhere -however if you follow the advice given re safety in faqs on main philippipines forum page -then you should'nt have issues

Edited: 09 June 2013, 14:41
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Malate

Thanks we are staying in Makati on the way out and wanted to see a different area on the way back so hence my question. Would there then be any other areas we could look at. Still doing research!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,759 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Malate

Those punks are beggars and not gangsters with a gun.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Malate

Well then that is totally different then! Beggars I can understand and deal with. So from the experts and not some business traveller what is your opinion for 2 x 50 plus travellers.......just looking for advice on a research forum!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Malate

For Malate, I would advice you to stay indoors after 2100hrs or 2200hrs. If you want to go anywhere after that, use a taxi.

The above advice is based on my experience and may not apply to everyone.

It is a mini red light district at night. During daylight, it is pretty safe along Mabini Street.