We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Manila for first time visit

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Manila for first time visit

We are a few ladies travelling alone for a short few days family vacation in Manila in a few weeks time.

We wish to stay in a decent convenient place (near to shopping area and tourist attractions) in a relatively safe area. It seems that there are some red light districts in Manila, and we cant afford 5 stars hotel, prefer something of USD30-50.

Can some one advice us pls, we are considering Makati Best western Astor or Executive Plaza in Malate, any recomendations?

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Manila for first time visit

Pls visit asiarooms.com for a list and rates of hotels. you can also look at the thread of borneobummer about their recent shop till you drop trip in Manila. Maybe you ask borneobummer about the trip and where to stay and go.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Manila for first time visit

I just saw an ad in today's newspaper on Cty Garden Suites along Mabini St, Ermita, Manila. It's near Robonson's Mall Ermita. Visit their website at citygardenhotels.com or google for City Garden Suites.

Another hotel I found in the newpaper today is the Corporate Inn Hotel also in Ermita. www.corporateinnhotel.com. Also try Herald Suites in Makati at www.heraldsuites.com and CEO Suites, makati at www.mnlceosuites.com.ph.

I can't make a comment on these hotels as I don't know exactly where they are and what they look like. Maybe you can post a new topic after visiting the sites.

malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Manila for first time visit

thanks for your info

Manila, Philiippines
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Manila for first time visit

hi happy: you can try the following: cheap but excellent service

near Manila Bay area: Malate Pensionne & Angelo King International Center

Makati Business District: AIM Conference Center--> (best choice) & Tiara Oriental Hotel

Ortigas Business Center: The Astoria Plaza

good luck!!! =)

malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Manila for first time visit

thank you very much to your advice.

Guam, USA
Level Contributor
442 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Manila for first time visit

A few ladies travelling alone? I wouldn't recommend staying in Ermita nor Malate. Although I don't feel that the area is particularly dangerous (personally) - it is highly likely that a lady will feel uncomfortable walking around the area, particularly at night.

Makati Best Western is pretty close to Glorietta and Greenbelt via taxi. Also take a look at Saint Illians Inn.

malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Manila for first time visit

Thank you very much to all those who offered advice to us here, we now come back and we can share our experience in Manila. I posted one from Clark Airport to Manila city.

Good Luck to all those who are travelling to Manila, mostly we came across friendly people. However like most cities, they are crooks around like taxi drivers who gave us frustrating experience at times. Even the roadside hawkers quote you different prices compared to locals. As foreigners, I think it's easier to go to places with fixed prices displayed like SM, Robinsons etc.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Manila for first time visit

Hi, Happy. i should have told yoy that Mahal and Mura just mean the same in the Philippines. Anyway, hope you enjoyed your trip.

New Zealand
12 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Manila for first time visit

For anyone else reading this I recommend El Cielito Inn on Pasay Rd in Makati. It's not flash, but it is clean, cheap, and very close to Greenbelt, Glorietta and the MRT station. Walking distance, safe location, and good staff.

I stayed there for 19 nights in January.

10. Re: Hotel in Manila for first time visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 20:22