We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach

Murska Sobota...
Level Contributor
64 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach

Hi!

Me and my wife are traveling to Philippines. We land in Manila, and have 10 days only. Which place would you advice us? We like white beaches, snorkelling, not to expensive hotels and also something to see. We will probably fly with AirAsia from Manila. Any suggestions?

How is Manilla? Should we take one day to discover it?

Thanks

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach

read the faqs on main philippines page ,when do you plan to travel? airasia only fly to certain destinations so that restricts your choices ,yes you should have a day in manila before your return international flight in case of delays /cancellations

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,362 posts
1,659 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach

Boracay, El Nido, Siquijor, Alona Beach Bohol etc etc

Tommo

Murska Sobota...
Level Contributor
64 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach

We are flying to Cebu, and the to Bohol, Malapascua and Bantayan. I already reserved the plane tickets to Cebu. Should I reserve the bus, ferry and hotels also, or is it better to do this, when we come to the islands? We travel in Februrary 2014.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,374 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach

What dates in Feb. as there are holidays that month, so hotel bookings in advance may be a good idea, especially on the more touristy locations if you will be there during holiday periods. IF not, one or two nights so you have a place on arrival is not a bad idea, then look around from there. .

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach

dont think you could reserve bus /ferry even if you wanted to

Murska Sobota...
Level Contributor
64 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach

we arrive on 21th February to Manilla, and will take the same day the plane to Cebu. I thought to reserve the hotel in Cebu, because we arrive at 19.30. Other places I´d like to reserve on the way.

I also saw, there is a big difference between ferry prices? That is why I thought, I should reserve them in advance.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beach

Bohol fits your criteria.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,516 posts
5,693 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beach

>>>>>How is Manilla? Should we take one day to discover it?<<<<

I would spend 1/2 to 3/4 day in the Makati are to enjoy Greenbelt and the Ayala Museum, a nice and relaxing area. I would also spend 3/4 day in the historic area of Intramuros, a most interesting area in SE Asia to visit where the old Spanish colonial side of Manila can be found. As such, I'd spend at least 2 days in Manila minimum.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,362 posts
1,659 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beach

BradJill's suggestions are good for limited time and as a first timer.

Outside of Manila about 1.5-2 hrs drive are some great places to visit such as Pagsanjan Falls and Tagaytay. If you like war history I can highly recommend a trip to Corregidor Island.

Tommo

10. Re: Best beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 07:24