We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to stay in Manila

Birmingham (UK)
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How long to stay in Manila

We will be traveling to Philippines in December. Wondered how long we should stay in Manila. We recently traveled to Bangkok but only stayed 2 nights and felt we may have missed a few things to see. Also Any recommendations on where to stay, we're are a couple in our late 20's and would like a bit of night life etc.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How long to stay in Manila

How much time do you intend on staying? If it is long I would suggest to do both Manila and Boracay if you want nightlife as well.

In Manila, I stayed in the Makati (Dust Thani Hotel) and also Ermita (Pan Pacific Hotel). Both were great and within walking distance or a short ride to bars, clubs, nightlife. The only difference is the Makati is more posh than the Ermita area. For comparison sake, it's like Levels Lounge vs Insomnia in Bangkok.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Boracay
Boracay
Panay Island, Philippines
Makati
Makati
Luzon, Philippines
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Quezon City...
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: How long to stay in Manila

If you have friends in Manila much better she/he will be your tour guide. Search and Search before you go, you can ask me if you want my skype: imyiel and email yiellaforteza@yahoo.com or cell phone number if you are in Manila or Airport just text and call me, 09158554863 or 09437099257. I am giving you some information specially in travel or transportation on how you budget your money and some places that would you love to stay. God bless you friend.

I suggest Caliraya Resort in Laguna the best ever!

Ariel Laforteza.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Laguna Province
Laguna Province
Luzon, Philippines
Quezon City...
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: How long to stay in Manila

If you have friends in Manila much better she/he will be your tour guide. Search and Search before you go you can ask me if you want my skype: imyiel and email yiellaforteza@yahoo.com or cell phone number if you are in Manila or Airport just text and call me, 09158554863 or 09437099257 don't worry I am giving you some information specially in travel or transportation on how you budget your money and some places that would you love to stay. God bless you friend.

Ariel Laforteza.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,350 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How long to stay in Manila

@ Buttsy

That depends a lot in WHAT you wish to do i manila, or for that matter, WHAT kind of places usually interest you. Manila is a typical crowded dirty city, with some insulated areas which are very clean and nice.

If you like beaches, nothing much in Manila for you.

If you like nature, there are a few secluded spots and gardens.

if you like shopping (or like to see us Filipinos indulge in our favourite passtime - window shopping), there are lots of air conditioned shopping malls.

If you like history (not too distant - just world war 2 and a bit before that), then yes -it has more than many cities of the world - Intramuros and Corregidor are fantastic places with stories that will keep you engaged.

I DO recommend Carlos Celdran's "Walk this way" walking tour of Intramuros - he put such a nice spin on Americna occupation of Philippines (and Filipino history itself) - it is especially relevant in today's age. Have a look at this you tube video and decide -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDkNGcKDsTs

If you like aquariums, then yes, Ocean world is par excellence, though tends to get a bit crowded at times.

And yes, if you like night life, Manila is among the few cities in the Philippines (Boracay is the other) in Philippines where you can still enjoy the "non-seedy" kind of night life :)

Edited: 19 December 2013, 03:50
Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Intramuros
Intramuros
3,016 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Boracay
Boracay
Panay Island, Philippines
15. Re: How long to stay in Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 05:17