We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking VL Bus From Angeles City To Manila Very Late At Night

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Taking VL Bus From Angeles City To Manila Very Late At Night

I am thinking about taking the Victory Liner bus (or other public bus) from Angeles City to Manila airport. The thing is that I have to depart Angeles very late at night at about 1 am. I was thinking of taking a trike to Dau bus terminal to catch a bus heading to Manila about that time. Victory Liner informed me that they have buses passing by each 30-40 minutes all night long.

I would then get off at Pasay bus terminal in Manila and grab a cab from there to the airport as I have a very early morning flight leaving at 6:30 am. Assuming that there should be no problems getting cabs from Pasay at about 3 am or so, on paper this would be a feasible trip.

What do you think? Given the hour of the night, is this a doable trip?

Mentioned in this post
Angeles City
Angeles City
Luzon, Philippines
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Pasay
Pasay
Luzon, Philippines
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking VL Bus From Angeles City To Manila Very Late At Night

I've caught a cab near the Victory Liner Station in Pasay to the airport at 3am before so that shouldn't be a problem. As for buses from Angeles, I'd double check to make sure they run frequently at that time. Personally I would leave at midnight just to be on the safe side but that's me.

Mentioned in this post
Pasay
Pasay
Luzon, Philippines
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking VL Bus From Angeles City To Manila Very Late At Night

From Dau, the buses will all leave from the same terminal unlike Manila. I would assume you are not too fussy about which bus company you use, so you'd be able to jump on to the next bus by Victory Liner, 5 Star, Philippine Rabbit etc. I would have thought you would not have too long to wait at 1am, but I have never caught a bus from Dau at that time so could not say for certain.

To be honest, for a 6.30am flight from Manila, I would overnight in Manila. It sounds like a pretty miserable and tiring day!

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,730 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking VL Bus From Angeles City To Manila Very Late At Night

Just go to the Dau bus terminal and you would not wait more than 10 mins as there are several bus companies plying the Angeles City-Pasay route. You can also take buses going to Cubao.

At 3am there is no need to look for a taxi as they will be the ones finding you.

Edited: 21 September 2013, 04:34
Mentioned in this post
Angeles City
Angeles City
Luzon, Philippines
Pasay
Pasay
Luzon, Philippines
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking VL Bus From Angeles City To Manila Very Late At Night

Are the bus stations safe at night?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,730 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking VL Bus From Angeles City To Manila Very Late At Night

They would not operate 24 hrs if it would not be safe for their operations. Angeles City is alive at night so if you will be just mindful with your surroundings and if you have travel common sense you would be fine.

Mentioned in this post
Angeles City
Angeles City
Luzon, Philippines
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
238 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking VL Bus From Angeles City To Manila Very Late At Night

Yes Dau is a very safe bus terminal. Under construction at the moment but still very safe.

7. Re: Taking VL Bus From Angeles City To Manila Very Late At Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 06:19