We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

Hi all, would you have recommendations for a family of 6 people who will be staying for 4 nights in Manila? We would like to stay near the shopping centres and places of interests.

Also was looking at Linden Suites as they offer 2-3 bedroom suites. Do you have opinions about this place?

How about discovery suites and Astoria Plaza?

We will be going in April and would like to save as much money as we can.

Also we were given a quote to stay at Traders Hotel in Manila but not sure how far away is the hotel from the malls?

Any help would be warmly appreciated :)

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

Hi Angel!

Where will the wedding be? Traffic can be bad and with a 20 month old, it is better to be not so far fr the venue, maybe?

Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

Hi sole2travel

The wedding will be somewhere in Manila - my brother and his fiancée are still waiting for confirmation on the venue. They suggested staying at hotel H2o but a bit expensive for us :(

Then from 7-9 April 2013, we are all going to Boracay then back to Manila for a couple of days.

My partner was thinking of doing the pagsanjan falls tour as well as the mt taal tour?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

Been in Astoria before. Actually staying there again next week again.

They have a 2 bedroom that will be great for 6 people.

it;s close the SM mega mall, Shang mall etc.....

stayed at H20 as well, not the greatest location and the rooms are small but it's very nice tho.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
78 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

Thats funny. I've known people who have gotten married at Traders Hotel and that from their first hand account, and from what I've seen in their photos, it was as good as any other 5 star resort. The location was great and the service was perfect. Its actually quite affordable to do a wedding at Traders

Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

Hi aks, could I ask you, when you stayed at Astoria, would that mean that 4 people (or 2 couples) can sleep on a bed and the other couple (or 2 people) sleep on a rollaway bed on the floor?

Also is breakfast included?

How did you book through Astoria?

Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

Hi sonic

I wish they were getting married at traders, would make it easier lol but they want to get married at a church.

We were quoted by a travel agency of $720 for 4 nights at traders hotel but 4 people will share a room and 2 people will have their own room (same set up as Astoria I guess).

San Diego...
Level Contributor
78 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

Very nice. I paid approx 90 to 110 when I book traders. I usually book directly though

Manila
Level Contributor
642 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

If your brother ask you to stay at H2O then there's a chance the wedding is in Intramuros. If it is, you can check Whiteknight hotel... it is a few steps to the San Agustin church and a few blocks to the Manila Cathedral.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,558 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

You can inform us where actually is the wedding & reception so we can recommend hotels if you want to be near the wedding or the reception.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
641 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation in Manila - recommendations?

Have been to Astoria Plaza, Discovery Suites and Linden Suites. Astoria is my favorite but they only have up to 2 bedroom suites but they are big. The series 5 2-bedroom suites have the biggest in area (those rooms ending in no. 5). Discovery is the most luxurious, has 3-bedrooms suites and the best location but is the most expensive. Linden Suites also has 3-bedroom suites and is a bit mer cheaper than the 2 so if you want to save this is the one for you. But tese 3 are all in Ortigas area. It could be far if you need to attend a wedding in Manila. It is about an hour drive on normal traffic. For bookings, visit their website directly or call them.