We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Clark International airport to Manila

malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
From Clark International airport to Manila

I read many people enquiring on the transport from Clark airport to Manila, I just came back from Manila so I could share my experience here.

There is an air-cond shuttle from Clark airport to Manila costs about 350 pesos. However, a cheaper alternative is to take a taxi to the nearest bus terminal( cost 100 to150 peso), then an air-cond bus to Ermita's Quezon Boulevard will only cost about 135 peso or 75 peso depending on which bus company. They are all non-stop air-cond bus, pretty convenient, about 45 minutes to one hour to Manila.

However, if you think of doing the same from Manila tp Clark Airport, you must allow plenty of time like 4 or 5 hours in advance. We nearly missed our flight due to a jeepney driver. The bus dropped us to Shoemart (SM) which is pretty close to airport, we couldn't get a cab, so we hop on to a jeepney after a few reassuring yes to our question of Clark airport. Instead of the expected 10 minutes journey, he took 45 minutes to drop us to a far away taxi terminal, then cost us another 200 peso taxi fare to go Clark airport.

The hassle free way from Manila to Clark airport is to pay 2500 to 3000 peso for a cab direct to the airport terminal from Hotel in Manila.

If you need to take a taxi in Manila, watch for those coloured one with Company name that will honestly use meter. Try NOT to use those white taxis, those are mostly personal's. They always extort 200 to 300 peso for a short distance that may cost you a quarter of it by meter. We had too much bad experiences as such, they promised to use meter when we hop on, then ended up going round the world till 250 peso instead of paying 50 to 60 peso by meter.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Clark International airport to Manila

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the taxis here in our country. It probably would have been best to take the Philtranco shuttle from Manila to Clark airport as this is for the Air Asia and Tiger Airways passengers mainly. But if the bus you took dropped you off at SM (I assume it's SM Clark), I always see the Triangle Taxi at the public transport terminal in SM Clark. Unless you arrived at Clark before SM's opening time at 10am, those taxis probably weren't around yet.

I myself just arrived thru Clark Airport last Friday and saw some improvements in terms of more transportation options at the airport after my last Clark trip in August last year. So maybe, we can expect more improvements in the future.

Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: From Clark International airport to Manila

So happy128, where did you gals end up staying?

malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Clark International airport to Manila

how many SM in Clark? Unless there are more than one SM in Clark, otherwise it should be near to the airport?

We ended staying in Malate, I find that the location is centralised, very convenient with jeepney to most places. We stayed near Hyatt hotel belt, so not too much red light districts nextdoor(they are all in another lane, pretty close). We didnt move to Makati or other area as we spent most of of time visiting tourist places or shopping. However, there are not much nice eating places around except the Robinson's.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Clark International airport to Manila

There's only one SM in Clark. I just wanted to make sure it was SM Clark and not the SM pampanga in the next town because yes, the jeepney fair was too high and the drive should have been only 10 mins.

Philippines
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Clark International airport to Manila

I have a problem. Our flight ot Malaysia via Air Asia will leave Clark at 1120H. I checked with Philtranco's website their earliest trip (Manila-Clark)is 7AM. If we take this bus, we might be late for our flight, since the trip will at least be 3 hours. I was wondering that if this shuttle caters to Air asia and tiger airways passengers then their schedule must also fit to the sched of flights of the two airlines. Now, we're thinking how we can travel from Manila-Clark. We can't bring a car going to Clark anyway.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Philippines
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: From Clark International airport to Manila

is it easy to change Philippine peso to Malaysian Ringgit in Malaysia? A lot are advising me to just bring peso and change to rinngit than dollars to ringgit because it turns out that it will give me more ringgit if i do this.

Any comments?

7. Re: From Clark International airport to Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 18:20