We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

Hi all

I intend to travel Manila at May next year, so this time the weather is suitable for travel?

Can you help me offer some hotel or guesthouse and some special attraction to visit in there. My budget is just about 2.000 USD.

Many thanks

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

Hello Tina V! the month of May is usually warm with temperature around 33-35 degrees celcius. How long do you intend to stay in Manila by the way? Regarding about the hotels, there are a lot of 3 star hotels especially in Makati area,ofcourse the rates varies on the number of occupancies and i could recommend some if you can tell me how many of you guys are travelling. :)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

May is a good month but as #2 says, end May may be a little risjy but still do-able.

Most of the cheaper accommodation is in Malate area but you still can find some in Makati near to Padre Burgos.

You will also need to let us know what is your budget for accommodation so we can advise you accordingly.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,961 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

You have a $2000 budget - why Manila - it is a hot and noisy city and in May the temperatures could be 38C ( 98F). You can spend your time driving round dusty streets in aircon taxis from Mall to Mall and see a few old buildings but I would have thought the better option would be to use around $150 and get a return flight to one of the places people rave about - Borocay if you are happy to be surrounded by happy Filipnos on their summer holidays or Bohol for nice beach and chocolate hills or Palawan

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

Decide first what are your interests. If you like history, then Makati has nothing for you.

If you want sand and see ten you don't need Metro Manila at all.

Tell us what you enjoy and we can advise you rather than second guessing.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

What to see?

It depends on what you like...

* If you like nature, I would recommend visiting the aquarium.

* If you like shopping, well - Makati and Mall of Asia are perfect for shopaholics (though there are many more malls too!).

* If you like history, Intramuros is nice. And if you like WW2 history, do a day trip to Corregidor island.

* If you like museums, the Ayala museum is not bad.

* And if you like crowds, sweat and grime, well - there is all of Manila!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,780 posts
5,803 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

>>>the Ayala museum is not bad.<<<<

Agree with YouLiveOnlyOnce, if you have some time in Makati, the Ayala Museum is potentially worth visiting. See link below if helpful.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

@ Bradjill

Nice review of the Ayala museum... thanks for taking the time to pen your impressions

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
15 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

Hi all

Many thanks for your advise. You have really been a great help. My friend and I was impressive by the ancient architecture of Manila through some advertisement so We decided to take a trip in next year. Thanks to your advise, we are determined to visit some place offered and some place for shopping. If we have spare time, maybe we'll move to Palawan.

But Do you think I should change my plan into another time?

I sincerely appreciate your hospitable and courtesy

9. Re: 4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2013, 14:30
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 days and 3 nights in Manila, need some advices

@ Tina,

Regarding the ancient architecture of Manila you have mentioned, I have sent you a PM, as this information may spoil the impressions of some people.

As for places to stay, my favourite remains White knight hotel in Intramuros - great ambience of "olde style Spanish".

Edited: 02 January 2014, 03:09