We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice please.

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kl,m'sia
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice please.

Hi we are a family of 2A and 2C (aged 7&10) and will be travelling to Manilla for the first time in early Feb next year. We will be there for 4 days and 3 nights. Would love to get some advice on what I should do in Manilla and whether I should take a trip to one of the nearby seaside places for one day. My kids love the water. I haven't pin pointed where to stay but it would probably be Makati unless there are some better places to stay at. We are not fussy with hotels as long as it's clean and comfortable and not too expensive. Thanks again.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice please.

Please define "not too expensive".

kl,m'sia
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice please.

Probably up to USD100-150 per night.

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice please.

There is much more to do in Manila than in Makati. Children's Museum, Ocean World, Rizal Park, Intramuros and National Museum are all in Manila. Mall of Asia is equally accessible from Manila and Makati.

Lemery and Naic are easily accessible but sand is black!

There are plenty of hotels to choose from in both Manila and Makati and really you need to tell us your budget to give you actual recommendations.

kl,m'sia
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice please.

Thanks for the replies. Budget for hotels would be up to USD150 per night or less. We are not fussy about spending on food, transport and things to see as we are only in Manilla for 3 days. We would like to see as much as possible. Would be nice to go to a beach area though.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice please.

Google for Alcolves Makati and see whether do you like it.

For 3 days, i suggest you do a day trip or even overnight in Batsngas since your kids like water. Engage a driver and car to bring you there.

On your way returning to Manila, you can also visit Pangsanjan Falls.

Does you 4 days include arrival and departure date?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,420 posts
1,560 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advice please.

Suggest you read the FAQs to the right as there are lots of ideas contained there as to what to do. Also read things to do top of the page as ranked and reviewed by members. You can choose those that interest you.

Your hotel budget is good so you can get quite a nice place. Makati is my area of choice.

Batangas area is your best option for a beach close by but you are looking at a 2 hr drive each way. Hire a private driver to make best use of your time. Recommended drivers are are listed under FAQs. Other great day trips with your family include Pagsanjan Falls and Tagaytay but they are not beach destinations.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,420 posts
1,560 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need advice please.

I agree with MH. My son just stayed at Alcoves studio apartment located in BSA Tower and the place is well located across the road from Greenbelt 5 with great helpful owners. They privately own several apartments.

Tommo

kl,m'sia
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need advice please.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will try Alcoves for sure. Batangas sounds interesting and so does Tagaytay. Will have to decide on which one.

kl,m'sia
Level Contributor
137 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need advice please.

Hi mousehunt. Yes my 4 days does include arrival and departure. Not much time is there? Will try and squeeze in as much as possible.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need advice please.

That means you are left with 2 days!

In that case, do a day trip to Pagsanjan Falls. It is not a beach. Do some research on it and see whether do you like it.

Other day trip will be to Tall Volcano.

In either trip, set off as early as possible. 0600hrs will be good when the traffic is light.