We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ninoy Aquino International Airport

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ninoy Aquino International Airport

Hi,

I am arriving at Manila into Terminal one on a Jetstar flight from Singapore at 10:00am.

I then need to get to Terminal Four to get an Air Asia Zest flight to Kalibo at 1:20pm.

How long does it take to get from Terminal One to Terminal Four? What is the best way to get there?

Are there shower facilities at either Terminal One or Four?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ninoy Aquino International Airport

Also, how much PHP should I have on me to pay for taxes / fees / taxi costs etc?

Thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,923 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ninoy Aquino International Airport

I have never looked for shower facilities but I do not remember ever seeing shower facilities at any terminal in Manila. Maybe there is shower facilities in the paylounge in terminal 1 on the way home.

The airport shuttle is free but if time is short, just get in a yellow airport taxi. It will be some where around P150 from Terminal 1 to Terminal 4 in a yellow airport taxi, depending on traffic.

It is nearly 5km from terminal 1 to terminal 4. You drive there on normal roads with other traffic. Time will depend on traffic. I have been in traffic where it was quicker to walk.. In other words, it could take 10 minutes or it could take an hour.

There are no terminal fees to pay travelling to Kalibo as domestic terminal fees are included in tickets for travel from Terminal 1. On the way back, there will be a domestic terminal fee to pay in Kalibo. No idea how much that is abut it will be a maximum of P200. Then in Manila, you will pay P550 international terminal fee on the way home.

I like to have an absolute minimum of P1000 on me and prefer to be carrying up to P3000 to take care of expenses until I am settled and can get cashed up

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ninoy Aquino International Airport

hi,

there are day rooms in Terminal 1 for showers, just ask the information/transfer desk. i don't know how much though.

Terminal Four is the old domestic terminal, a one-storey building. it's a functional building, nothing fancy and no spacious waiting areas, and it's 15 minutes away from Terminal 1 by Taxi.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ninoy Aquino International Airport

My advice is quickly clear immigration and run straight to claim your baggage. Go to T4 asap.

Reason?

NAIA baggage claim is getting worse in my opinion. For my last few visits, I got to wait at least 15 mins before the first luggage is out. To make it worse, all the flights from the same airline uses the same belt!

After which is you may need to queue for the taxi. My experience is there are times where the queue is long and very few taxis. I am talking about the yellow airport taxis. No kidding!

So make your way to T4 first and then ask around is there any shower facilities.

When you reach Boracay, you can bathe as much as you want. It is better than missing your flight!

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,093 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ninoy Aquino International Airport

Agree with Mousehunt.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ninoy Aquino International Airport

Here is a posting by a friend of mine on facebook yesterday after leaving for Singapore. He mentioned in another posting passengers were not allowed into the terminal until 1 1/2 hours before their flight.

In another post you have raised the question of flying SeaAir direct to Davao. If it is not going to cost a fortune in cancellation fees its a no brainer to me

"Wow, I will never use terminal 4 international flights again, one and a half hours in a line in the sun before even entering the airport, that's after waiting 45 min for them to even let you line up, then another one hour in line inside an international terminal no bigger than the big apple front bar. Of course flight is delayed now one hour at least.xxxx u air Asia zest"

I dont have any problems with NAIA terminal 1 but as you are leaving from a different terminal do not see how you can get access to the day rooms as I thought you got funnelled straight into Immigration and baggage collection. I find NAIA terminal 1 quicker to get through than London Heathrow ( but no where near as good as Changi -Mousehunt you have been spoiled ! - and never had to queue for more than a couple of mins for a taxi - this is not due to the absence of taxis as they are lined up but the infuriating habit of loading up one taxi at a time. Terminal 4 was a problem a few years ago for getting a taxi with long lines waiting and then we resorted to walking 100 metres onto the nearby main road and hailing a passing cab.

Edited: 13 January 2014, 09:54
7. Re: Ninoy Aquino International Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:18